IGNORED

Someone please...............................

Stun Runner 87

Someone please make a decent racing game for the 7800.

Something like R.C Pro Am for the NES.

Or even a simple racing game like Sprint Masters.

I'm not trolling, just think the 7800 is missing decent racing games.

Pole position is kind of boring and only has 4 levels that don't play in any kind of leveled order.

Fatal Run really just sucks.

Motor Pycho is a decent game, but has the same problem pole position has level wise.................

I'm not trolling, but just throwing a suggestion out there for all of you programmers.

BOB?

Thoughts people?...............................................................................................................................................................................................

Always loved Iron Man Stewart's Off Road for the 8-bits. Be cool to see that translated for the 7800 someday.

Commenting down below, yeah... Fatal Run was a pretty poor Road Blasters attempt I think. Pretty sure the 7800 could pull off a decent version of S.T.U.N. Runner if one wanted and could probably pull off something along the likes of Jaguar's Tube.

Speaking of the Jag, how about an 8-bit version of Checkered Flag with better controls? :rolling:

Edited by save2600
  • Like 1

I've also been hoping for a good racing game (edit: not that I don't enjoy the existing ones) and have been thinking about it a lot recently. Roadblasters certainly fits need. Fatal Run coulda/shoulda been that, but it lacks the feel. There are some others that would be good too. Monster Trucks or whatever it was on the NES by INTV aka Stadium Mud Buggies for the Intv, only with better controls would be fun. I always loved Buggy Boy on the ST. The Master System had a pretty good version of Road Rash as far as 8-bit versions go. A game like Buggy Run for the Master System (an RC Pro Am type game) would also be great. One of my favorites is SCI, the sequel to Chase HQ. When it comes to racing/driving on the 8-bit systems, there's definitely a lot of great games from which to draw inspiration.

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 2

In the meantime, we've had this for years... 2600 cart, but plays on 7800's of course! :)

http://atariage.com/...wareLabelID=871

Lunar Rescue is one of my favorite oldschool arcade games, however, I love the 2600s new name for it, "this planet sucks"...LoL :)

Edited by Stun Runner 87

• 5 weeks later...

This is actually one of the few areas where I would argue we're doing better than alright. Between racing options on the 2600, and the aforementioned 7800 ones, and even Water Ski in a way, I think we're good for racing on the 7800. Certainly better than for most genres.

I actually think that a far better game to port over would be the arcade title ' Crazy Rally ' its fast and fun it requires two button control one for high and low gear its graphically fairly basic and is in a similar vein to both turbo and monaco gp but much better than both, its a top down old school arcade racer at its best, i still enjoy playing it to this day on my home arcade.

A port of spy hunter would also be great as everybody loves spy hunter, Or i think an XM revised version of pole position would be also excellent and surely the easiest route to take, if the graphics were cleaned up and the engine note made arcade accurate it would totally transform the game, The illusion of speed is totally lost due to the poor engine sound, Ive always been fond of the game and would definitely buy an improved version.