IGNORED

Programming = Cluster-F***

El Destructo

Not to say that programming in general is a clusterf***, that depends on the programmer ;) I'm referring to AtariAge's "Programming" forum.

First of all, thanks for adding the Programming/HomeBrew areas. That said, we've got 2600, 5200, 7800, and 8-bit questions all mashed together. It's frustrating to see an interesting thread title, only to discover it relates to a completely different machine than I'm currently working on.

The answer is simple, really: Each machine should have its own Homebrew/Programming forums, inside the Atari 2600 / 5200 / 8-bit etc. areas. The top-level hierarchy of your site is machine-specific, so this is only natural.

Trust me, it will be a lot easier for people to find what they want, and to know whether they want what they have found.

Cheers,

There are too many forums here already.

That's why I suggested it, actually. A flat list of all forums, like we have now, is too much to take at once.

I'm suggesting a tree, with a machine-based top level, just like the site navigation:

-> General

-> Store

-> Programming

-> General

-> Store

-> Programming

etc.

Two benefits:

1. Any given list of forums is small enough to take, and

2. You can home in on what you're looking for by picking a main section, then a smaller section, etc.

I can post a truly thought-out hierarchy if anyone's interested.