IGNORED

old reply links not working

SpiceWare

In the first post of the Space Rocks topic, the initial line of text is a link to the reply with the most recent build. While it takes you to the correct page, it no longer takes you to the specific reply.

This is the link from when I edited the post back in November:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/197315-space-rocks-2600/page__st__300#entry2648510

If I copy a new link to that reply, it no longer has the www. and it works as expected.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/197315-space-rocks-2600/page__st__300#entry2648510

I think the first link is getting redirected, as the www. gets dropped from the URL when the page is loaded, and when the redirection occurs the #entry2648510 is also dropped.

The first time I tried the link it dropped partly onto Thomas's post. Subsequent tries make it go to the correct post.

That would be a browser issue--the link has an anchor tag in it, and it's up to the browser to scroll to the correct place on the page. I've seen browsers jump before the page has finished loading, and then when graphics and other elements change the page height, you end up at the wrong place. On a subsequent load of the same page, all those items would probably be cached, which could be why you ended up at the correct place.

..Al