IGNORED

The Family Playbook For Intellivision Games

• 3 months later...

I wins the Internet!

But wait, this is an auction which means there will be price driving and I'll eventually lose because I didn't manually focus all my energy to out-snipe the sniping bastard that will end up out-sniping me because I didn't babysit my bid at the very last second. Hi-speed Internet be damned! :rolling:

Never used those myself. Bid what you mean to pay and be done with it. Not that I never did the spastic refresh/bid/refresh thing.... nah... :P

Losing an item over a dime is retarded. Can't tell you how many auctions I've lost due to not turbo-nerding a computer babysitting an auction. :mad:

I have a simple method. Bid my max with about 10 seconds left. If I win I win, if I don't then I didn't bid enough. I have never used any sniping programs, but they would come in handy for late night/early morning auction ends....or if real life gets in the way. Why do I wait until the last second? Psychology ;)

Early in an auction, many people will decide what they are willing to pay for an item, but as they see the price go up, they will increase their mental maximum as their desire to win the auction defeats the conservative side of them that originally set a lower price. Waiting until the last second keeps the price as low as possible (at least as far as I can influence), which hopefully keeps other bidders closer to their original lower and more conservative bids. The other advantage of late bidding is that it essentially turns the auction into a "silent auction" where no one knows anyone else's bid until it's too late to rebid. Then the highest bidder wins.

In the greater scheme of eBaying, the handful of unscientific psychological tricks have little impact on you chances of winning. The biggest factor is your willingness to pony up the most cash, but for highly watched and/or sought after items, this means you'll likely overpay. The Jedi Mind Tricks typically work better for less watched items with fewer bidders. If you are consistently getting outbid on eBay, you're not bidding high enough. Just my opinion.

Boxpressed has some really good articles on buying and selling on eBay. I found them a good read. Here's a good one on sniping.

http://retroauction.com/sniping/

• Like 4

Now you can buy your budget copy of Match 5 :-P

Have to think about that. I wanted a complete copy. But now bills are catching up with me and work is slowing down a little. I may not be able to spend that money just yet.

I really need to win the lottery. I'm sick of working and struggling. lol