IGNORED

Dragoncart software

• 5 months later...

So, an update. Still slowly working on the IP65 stack. Currently :

1. The stack now runs completely in extended RAM, serviced by both VBI and VBD. VBI just updates a couple timers, and the VBD takes care of the actual message processing.

2. There is a relocatable device handler, I:, that loads at memlo and protects itself and the stack VBI's from system reset. The handler responds to normal usage, ie. :

10 OPEN #1,8,0,"UDP:192.168.2.1:4500" to open a UDP connection to port 4500 on the indicated IP.

3. The stack and message buffers fit in a single bank, although full TCP support will require another bank.

My plans are to develop the handler to the point where I can demonstrate a couple of BASIC programs that :

(a) can handle a multiplayer connection for a simple game between two connected atari's, The basic idea is to transport a single 256 byte buffer 60 times a second between the two machines,in which the current joystick readings on the two machines are reflected. The updates will run automatically in Vblank, so all the basic has to do is read and write joystick values to/from the buffers. It should work out, but remains to be seen.

(b) can set the system date/time from the NIST Internet time service.

After that, I will work on expanding the TCP support to be able to handle more than 1 connection at a time. First test of that will probably be a simple FTP program.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

A few months ago I had a version of telnet working pretty well for the dragoncart.

I lost it, and now I downloaded latest version on the website, (a version from november) but again it refuses to work here.

The cart works, and IP config is able to get an IP address and to save it.

But as soon as I run the TELNETD.COM program everything SEEMS to be fine (on screen I read that it is up and running) but I'm not able to connect to something. Perhaps this is a telnet SERVER and not a client.

I need a client. I want to connect BBS's.

The problem is that the outdated version I have is so slow that it is not usable (a 2 or 3 seconds response time on a single character input from keyboard)

I remember that last version I used, worked really well. But unfortunately I can't find that working version anywhere here.

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks

Marius

Did you mean the Contiki one, or were you using one of my old dos ones?

I'm getting finished rewriting the stack for Atari dos's, so I can def put you on the tester list.

I would be more than glad to test it.

I think it was the Contiki one; Is telnetd.com a client or a server?

And if it is a client, what am I supposed to do? It is on a MyDOS disk, so it won't respond on any parameters when loaded from MyDOS.