IGNORED

Intellivision Repair Centers

I have a friend in NY, NY that is trying to get D2K going, but his Intellivision has crapped out.

It got me thinking......

Maybe the so called 'INTV Brotherhood' should start 'repair centers' for the Intellivision where we can take broken Intellivisions to either donate for parts, or to get repaired for a reasonable amount?

I have a bunch of broken machines that are good for parts, and I have repaired a number of my own units and put them back in service.

We could have volunteers in every major city in the world that would be a 'repair center'.....ideas?

Fixing power supply issues and replacing the ribbon cable are common repairs that could be done easily.

The trouble is supply of spare IC parts for the logic board, where there are several points of failure. You'd have to start hoarding broken consoles to part out.

A service that parts out Intellivisions would be useful. I have an Inty that I am sure has a logic problem, but unsure if it is with GROM, EXEC or STIC, nor how to pin it down, and don't have parts to swap out to troubleshoot.

- J

Edited by HunterZero

Yes, that is the larger issue with classic console repair, where to get dependable replacement electronic components.

It would seem to my limited understanding that an entrepreneurial company could start manufacturing replacement chips for all the old consoles and possibly make a profit on it.