IGNORED

Finally some games ready for release

PkK

Well, I haven't released a game since 2008, so it's about time. Some photos:

Search%20for%20the%20stolen%20Crown%20Jewels%203.jpeg

%C8%BBi%CC%85x%CC%85.jpeg

Shunting%20Puzzle.jpeg

Bankruptcy%20Builder.jpeg

More information including screenshots at http://www.colecovis...coVision/games/ and in the various AtariAge forum threads discussing the individual games (many of them quite old since I took long breaks from ColecoVision game development; I definitely spent much more time improving the compiler than writing games).

Philipp

P.S.: I'll get into talks with shops soon, and intend to ship the games in about two to three weeks, so they should become available at the usual places a few weeks after that.

• Like 6

The plan is to sell them to shopd like Good Deal Games. This should make it easier to obtain the games for gamers, as the games will be available from there for some time to buy any time. I'm travelling alot, so I can't respond to orders timely, and I live in Europe, while most gamers live in America. So if I would be selling them myself there might be a 1 month waiting period while I'm travelling somewhere, followed by weeks of expensive intercontinental shipping.

Current numbers are:

BB: 50 produced, SP: 66 produced. These games are somewhat different in concept from other ColecoVision games, so I'm unsure about how popular they might be. For BB a limited run of 50 copies seems good. I did the same with Cye before. When Cye turned out to be very popular (ebay prices went really high after some time, so not everyone playing the game could afford it), I replaced some of the levels by different ones and rereleased it as Cye 1.1 (and recently that one sold out as well, so I'm planning for a Cye 1.2 at the end of the year or so). Similarly, I have ideas for some levels for BB that did not fit into the ROM, so if BB sells quickly, I'll make a BB 1.1. release with some levels replaced by different ones.

On the other hand, SCJ3 is the third part of a successfull series, and Ȼi̅x̅ features the basic gameplay of an arcade game (arcade ports tend to be popular on the CV), so I want to produce 96 of SCJ3 and 128 of Ȼi̅x̅ (just 8 of SCJ3 and 16 of Ȼi̅x̅ left to produce to reach that number).

Philipp

Do you have any video of Bankruptcy Builder or Shunting Puzzle? Besides collecting video games I am a model train collector so the Shunting Puzzle has an appeal to me.

I believe PkK released beta ROMs of these two games in the past. You should do a search for PkK's previous posts in these forums. Once you have the ROMs, you can try them out with an emulator, or on real hardware with an AtariMax cart.

I found this post for shunting puzzle http://atariage.com/forums/topic/152307-shunting-puzzle-for-the-colecovision/

I found this post for bankruptcy builder http://atariage.com/forums/topic/131079-bankruptcy-builder-colecovision-homebrew/

I will have to bring my wii back home tonight and give it a try on there. Colem doesn't work on my computer and I have no idea how to use bluemsx.

Here's a link to PkK's website: http://www.colecovision.eu/ColecoVision/games/

Yeah i went on the website but I couldnt find anything other than a couple screenshots. The links above will lead you to beta versions of the roms. I got both roms to work in colem for the wii. Without a manual and some trial and error you wont get to far. But it gives you an idea of what you are purchasing.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Deal Games has confirmed that these four games will become available in their shop. Also, "Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels 2" will become available there again. Since they also have a good selection of other ColecoVision homebrew games (including my very first game, "Schlange CV"), I guess they're currently a very good option for someone looking to buy some ColecoVision homebrews.

Philipp

Well, I intend to send the games before the end of next week to them. I guess Good Deal Games will make them available upon arrival, but the exact time will depend on shipping time, and time time for customs formalities.

Philipp

With Telegames UK the other¹ store that has carried my games in the past is on board for this release as well. They too, have also ordered some more "Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels 2".

Philipp

¹ Once there also was gameconsoles.com / Midnight Sun, but it seems they no longer exist.

Glad to see you back in the game Philipp, I've always been a fan. I wasn't aware of different versions of Cye. Could you share where v1.1 were sold (online? Convention?) and how many copies were sold? Thanks. I'll definitely be getting your latest games as they become available.

Glad to see you back in the game Philipp, I've always been a fan. I wasn't aware of different versions of Cye. Could you share where v1.1 were sold (online? Convention?) and how many copies were sold? Thanks. I'll definitely be getting your latest games as they become available.

It was first sold at the German convention Retrobörse 2008 in Karlsruhe. Later, remaining stock was available through Good Deal Games. A total of 20 copies were made. More information on the different versions can be found at:

http://www.colecovis...games/Cye.shtml

Philipp