IGNORED

New to the (virtual) ST - emulator advice?

(Apologies if this is a FAQ, but I didn't see any pinned or recent threads...)

I did a lot of Atari 8-bit development, but unfortunately never had an ST. Now, with the power of emulation, I'd like to explore what I missed. :)

Can anyone recommend good emulators and resources for learning TOS / ST programming?

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll check those emulators out.

As for tinkering with ST development, are there folks doing development targeting the ST? Would emulated C compilers or assemblers be appropriate, or a cross assembler/compiler from a different system? Are there technical resources about the ST architecture out there?

I actually have substantial background in 68000 assembly, but never for TOS or the ST hardware.

As for tinkering with ST development, are there folks doing development targeting the ST? Would emulated C compilers or assemblers be appropriate, or a cross assembler/compiler from a different system? Are there technical resources about the ST architecture out there?

I actually have substantial background in 68000 assembly, but never for TOS or the ST hardware.

You really should check out Atari Forum as well as here:

http://www.atari-forum.com/

They are UK based, but because the ST had such a larger presense in Europe, there are a lot

of Atari people and activity there.

HTHs.