IGNORED

NEW conversions for the 5200

8bit-guy

Amazing times for the 5200 !! :-D

to start the year we got the trackball friendly version of Tempest

Venture is still coming and also Detective powers.

Missile Command + is almost ready

Sudoku 2013 is being translated

Hyperblast! is finished and will soon be published on cart

and here goes Falcon to download and play, tested on real hardware ;)

enjoy

Frantisek Houra you are the man !

falcon.zip

Edited by 8bit-guy
  • Like 1

Had a chance to play. Fun little game.

The controls are not very good though. The joystick needs more of a dead zone in the center to be able to stop the ship from moving so easily.

Also the TB needs to be spun way too much for it to move the ship and it also moves UP way too easy.

• Like 1

The controls are not very good though. The joystick needs more of a dead zone in the center to be able to stop the ship from moving so easily.

Also the TB needs to be spun way too much for it to move the ship and it also moves UP way too easy.

It might be the game itself.. I don't have a track ball to try it..but if he has the code he can change it. I still think theres room for Hi Score add. Oh well maybe he can do some more XL for us. 5200 still needs a good racing,golf,pinball,shooting rpg games.

It might be the game itself.. I don't have a track ball to try it..but if he has the code he can change it. I still think theres room for Hi Score add. Oh well maybe he can do some more XL for us. 5200 still needs a good racing,golf,pinball,shooting rpg games.

It is hard to give criticism with out sounding ungrateful. It is definitely not that I am ungrateful, quite the opposite.

If the controls were tweaked a little it would be a game I'd come back to play often. I like this style game. Galaxian type shooters have always been a favorite of mine.

• Like 1

I heard Venture was a no-go since Fernando got banned.

Didn't that turn out to be a hoax by him?

Seems to control fine on an emulator, don't feel like dragging the system out. Interesting choice to convert, as I'm not sure if this was actually a retail game. It's not nearly in line with the software of that time on Atari computers or the 5200, more like a 2600 game.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-falcon_7008.html

• Like 1

Didn't that turn out to be a hoax by him?

Seems to control fine on an emulator, don't feel like dragging the system out. Interesting choice to convert, as I'm not sure if this was actually a retail game. It's not nearly in line with the software of that time on Atari computers or the 5200, more like a 2600 game.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-falcon_7008.html

It controls well with a Masterplay.

I think its a weird game, but every piece of software converted is a plus. :)

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Hey all,

I would like to know more about conversions.. I have read the standard documents on

the web about the chips and Maria and Gtia and possible differences. I wish someone

would share an actual conversion and more of the process.

I want to make a relatively simple game for the 5200, simple, but it will be really good'

with a lot of replay value.

Thanks in advance if you have any documents or hints..

Sadly the drive with my Mr Do! disassembly on overheated and now no longer reads and would be £400+ to be recovered and so I'd need to begin this again and although this would usually be straightforward enough, I have to focus on family issues at this time. Would still love to be the one to pull this conversion off though !

Sadly the drive with my Mr Do! disassembly on overheated and now no longer reads and would be £400+ to be recovered and so I'd need to begin this again and although this would usually be straightforward enough, I have to focus on family issues at this time. Would still love to be the one to pull this conversion off though !

Oh, sorry to see this happened. I hope at some point you are able to get this conversion done. This is one game I'd love to play on my 5200. I have the bin files for the game but I have no clue how to convert it.