IGNORED

Sega Saturn Imports / House of the Dead review

I wanted to post this in case there were any Sega Saturn fans out there. One project that I wanted to do with my Youtube page was to show that there are import games that can be easily played without any knowledge of the Japanese language.

House of the Dead is a perfect example of import over domestic with price being the main issue. Japanese HOTD I got for less than $30 shipped. U.S. HOTD will run you if lucky, around $100.

I have more import videos on the site if anybody is interested and I plan on doing more as I buy more import games.

Thanks all. Hopefully this helps someone because this game is a pretty amazing game on the Saturn and is quite affordable when imported.

• Like 1

Very good converstion of the arcade, I got 3 copies when Toy's R Us was closing out of the Sega Saturn, I think I paid 9.99 a each + tax. Played the hell out of this with the Stunner and Co-op mode. I wish I still had the game or they would release it on a next gen like they did with HotD 2 and 3.

Very good converstion of the arcade, I got 3 copies when Toy's R Us was closing out of the Sega Saturn, I think I paid 9.99 a each + tax. Played the hell out of this with the Stunner and Co-op mode. I wish I still had the game or they would release it on a next gen like they did with HotD 2 and 3.

That's my next purchase, is the guns. Yes overall it's a very good conversion, much better than I expected.

• 10 years later...
On 4/25/2013 at 5:43 PM, BrutallyHonestGamer said:

I wanted to post this in case there were any Sega Saturn fans out there. One project that I wanted to do with my Youtube page was to show that there are import games that can be easily played without any knowledge of the Japanese language.

House of the Dead is a perfect example of import over domestic with price being the main issue. Japanese HOTD I got for less than $30 shipped. U.S. HOTD will run you if lucky, around $100.

I have more import videos on the site if anybody is interested and I plan on doing more as I buy more import games.

Thanks all. Hopefully this helps someone because this game is a pretty amazing game on the Saturn and is quite affordable when imported.

The issue is not just how well it can be played but how the game case will look on the shelf. 

US Saturn releases were definitely more standardized for collecting.