IGNORED

60 fps video using SIDE 2

phaeron

10 hours ago, a8isa1 said:

Is there a version of AVFPLAY with the new features?

The only new version is that from post #309 and it corrects issues with low quality/hissling/whistling sound. There are negotiations between me and tmp to upgrade avfplay for AVGCART to be first as good as SIDE version, then better :) But now works are deferred because of Very Urgent Project.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jhusak said:

The only new version is that from post #309 and it corrects issues with low quality/hissling/whistling sound. There are negotiations between me and tmp to upgrade avfplay for AVGCART to be first as good as SIDE version, then better :) But now works are deferred because of Very Urgent Project.

Is part of the negotiation to automatically play the next AVF video or randomly play the next one ? ;)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hello there, new version of MOVPLAY for SIDE/SIDEII!

New features:
- sound quality best achievable on POKEY ANTIC and GTIA turned on the same time
- fast 120x forward and rewind
- shortcut to go to beginning
- volume up/down
- pause - reads whole frame to buffer, then displays int from RAM.
- COVOX under addressees $D280, $D500, $D600, $D700 (binaries with apriopriate names, look into bin catalog), mono, both channels left and right.
- DOS friendly, may be launched from practical any DOS (tested on 6.4 and Sparta), load address $2800, exits cleanly do DOS.
- ESC key returns to the place movplay was started in (to DOS, selftest, etc)

- realtime clock friendly

But you must prepare CF card as before - write raw data to it.

https://github.com/jhusak/side-sideII-avfplay

Edited by jhusak
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2017 at 8:19 AM, Philsan said:

It works!

I have three problems (PAL):

1. at the end of my video (or downloaded ones like Dragon's Lair intro) I get this message on Atari: "Read error 5100 E0E0E0E0"; perhaps it's normal.

EDIT Doesn't happen on real hardware.

2. I download videos from youtube with this online tool: https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com When I try to convert them with VirtualDub, first I get the message "AVI: variable bit rate audio detected", then when I try to save as AVI I get the message "no audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format".

3. nowadays many video files are MKV and not AVI; what should I do to load them in VirtualDub?

Necrobump, I thought I would start on converting StarWars Vis1ons to PAL AVF's , have installed every possible 32 and 64bit AAC/AC3 audio decoder but Virtual Dub keeps complaining like your number 2 issue. How did you resolve this ?

28 minutes ago, Lastic said:

Necrobump, I thought I would start on converting StarWars Vis1ons to PAL AVF's , have installed every possible 32 and 64bit AAC/AC3 audio decoder but Virtual Dub keeps complaining like your number 2 issue. How did you resolve this ?

After installing every codecpack, plugin filter, simply to get AAC accepted in VirtualDub, I just tried what I should have done in the first place.
AVI ffmpeg keep the video codec , convert the AAC audio codec to MP3 and tadaah , now VirtualDub is finally processing the video.
If anybody got AAC working in VirtualDub , feel free to enlighten me, I really would like to know

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
51 minutes ago, w1k said:

what about side 3?

It's a compact flash based side2 thing. No sd card side3 based player as yet. I believe fjc planed to look into creating a player for side3. Very different approach needed. He is very busy. 

So currently a player exists for side2 cart only streaming as it were from a cf card with a single video on it. It will only work on side cart and the Atari 800 Incognito upgrade. Incognito has a built in side2 cf based setup. 

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

So currently a player exists for side2 cart only streaming as it were from a cf card with a single video on it. It will only work on side cart and the Atari 800 Incognito upgrade.

The AVG cart also has a player, and the advantage to that, is you can have multiple videos on a single card and select them via menu.

Same thing for PCM/PDM audio files.  You can load up a card with them, and even choose between output devices on the fly (Pokey, Covox, etc.)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The AVG cart also has a player, and the advantage to that, is you can have multiple videos on a single card and select them via menu.

Same thing for PCM/PDM audio files.  You can load up a card with them, and even choose between output devices on the fly (Pokey, Covox, etc.)

Thanks, I knew avg had a decent player. :) I was just answering the question as to whether side3 had a video player.

Side3 also has and excellent pcm/pdm audio player, with audio files that load from side3's usual excellent menu loader, stream and load them in 2 seconds, with ff/rw jog and pause functionally. Love it. A video player for side3 would be a welcome addition, but is a major undertaking for fjc.

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

I cannot wait to get back to coding, but this house move has been physically, mentally, logistically and financially eviscerating. :) Office is nearly ready (I've been laid up with flu for a week which followed hot on the heels of a three-week cough, but I appear to be on the mend), the splint's off my finger (which I could not bend for twelve weeks), so as soon as I get the PC set up in the office, I need to do my books and attack the massive backlog of work. Just discovered a little wet patch on the wall downstairs (the house seems to unveil a new 'feature' every week), but I'll simply add that to the to-do list for whichever competent tradesmen we eventually enlist (should any competent tradesmen actually exist). :D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, flashjazzcat said:

I'll simply add that to the to-do list for whichever competent tradesmen we eventually enlist (should any competent tradesmen actually exist).

I'd offer to fix that for you but I'm a few thousand miles too far west.

5 hours ago, Stephen said:

I'd offer to fix that for you but I'm a few thousand miles too far west.

That's a much more credible reason for not showing up than some that I've heard. :D

I'm wondering if it's actually caused by leaking pipework on the other side of the wall, since there's a toilet cistern there. Don't really have time to investigate at the moment, so hopefully one of the guys coming out to look at some of the other work I need done can have a look at it.