IGNORED

Wii U cracked?

Austin

Ehh, if I had money to drop on two, let alone one, then maybe I'd perform the inevitable softmod. But the increasing reliance of consoles on teh internets dissuades me from dicking around with my current-gen toys. I waited until last year to mod the Wii, by which time it was all but certain that Nintendo wasn't going to bother patching it again.

I got my Wii modded way way back when (via a hardware mod) and it can handle any kind of updating. In fact, I wouldn't have gotten the Wii if I couldn't mod it. There wasn't really much of an online community with the Wii (and it seems kind of weak on the Wii U from what I've read) so the risk of being caught with a mod was nil. In fact, Nintendo probably didn't care because they had fistfuls of money in the beginning.

If it's true that the Wii U can be modded in a semi-permanent way like the Wii, I could see a purchase from me down the line. That's pretty much the only way at this point. The Nintendo seems like a dying dodo.

But I find it hard incredible that it's easier to hack the Wii U than it is the 3DS. Now I've been waiting for a reliable/dependable hacked 3DS (though I haven't kept up with the scene) like with the original DS.