IGNORED

complete collection??

Invader_dag

I guess it depends on what you would call "complete". Does that include all of the Brazilian hacks of 2600 games and that sort of stuff? Or are we just talking about U.S. Atari-made games? It would be tough to collect ALL of the games since there were so many third-party manufacturers, and many of which only produced a few, extremely rare games.

even just the atari made games i would think would be hard to complete. that's including unreleased and such.

but i think it would be darn near impossible to collect all the unlicensed, hacks, and all thet other stuff out there.

so i guess if anyone has either an complete licensed collection or all the other stuff, kudos to them

Don't the Atarihq guys have the closest thing to a complete system?

If you mean US only releases and exclude label variations, completing the Atari 2600 collection is probably attainable for a hardcore collector. If you're including one of everything released with label variations, it's probably impossible since there are 1864 different titles/labels/versions of Atari 2600 games, not including the games/hacks/bootlegs the Als haven't discovered yet.

here is want I'm missing to complete us atari version:

• A Game of Concentration

• Fun With Numbers

• Crazy Climber

• Quadrun

• Rubik’s Cube

• Fatal Run

• Off the Wall

• Motorodeo

• Radar Lock

• Ikari Warriors

• BMX Airmaster

• Klax

Wow. That's pretty damn close! The really scary thing is that I have at least a half dozen of the games on your list (not for trade, sorry).

im only missing 4 atari titles to have a complete collection of RELEASED us atari titles...

Where is this US RELEASED list located? Just curious as to the total number of carts in US RELEASED titles...and does this list include all NTSC Atari carts?

I've got around 360 different titles (not including label variations) for the 2600, but I know there's significantly more...AND most of mine are NTSC.

im only missing 4 atari titles to have a complete collection of RELEASED us atari titles...

Where is this US RELEASED list located? Just curious as to the total number of carts in US RELEASED titles...and does this list include all NTSC Atari carts?

I've got around 360 different titles (not including label variations) for the 2600, but I know there's significantly more...AND most of mine are NTSC.

You can do a search here by company if you're only looking for Atari carts made by Atari. If there's a P in the rarity, then the game's a Prototype only and was never released. Do the same when searching the Database for all US released games (meaning North America, not just the US).

A complete collection of official-release games is probably more do-able than most of you would think. There isn't a single released game that hasn't been up for sale or trade in the past couple of years.

Of course, probably only a handfull of people will actually complete a collection, but a 95%-complete collection (as per my Theory on Rarity ) is attainable for most of us. It's only a matter of time and, if you are not the patient type, of money.

Cheers,

Marco

I'm missing these US based, released atari brand games:

Road Runner

BMX Airmaster

Motorodeo

Ikari Warriors

Waterworld

Quadrun (although I have a non-best elec's proto of this)

Obelix

I thought for a long time that BMX, Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors didn't exist as NTSC but, another Atariage member has convinced me that Atari only made as many copies of these as were ordered back in 1989. That is why they are so hard to find now. They were essentially mail order only titles. I do own most of the above in PAL format so, at least I can play them if I really want to. There is also a place where I can get a NTSC road runner for $20, I just haven't gotten around to it. The above has taken seven years of collecting.

It's kind of strange that I also need exactly 7 atari 7800 games as well, for a complete collection. I hope 7 isn't my lucky number for very much longer. ;) ;)

MattG.

The closest thing I have to a complete 2600 collection is the Parker Bros. releases, which in all honesty is pretty easy to achieve expect maybe Q*Berts Qubes and Mr Do!'s Castle (which I'm missing), so is nothing really to boast about.

If you're in for the all-out-collecting sort of thing then maybe picking out one company at a time is a pretty cool way to do it. I generaly go for the weird and wonderful carts (Mystique being my favorite) because the commons find you.

Interestingly enough did anybody else see this auction?

wow thats a kewl auction. id love to have that. instant complete system collection :-)

I have a complete parker collection, and sega, and some others (as said in the other thread, having a complete epyx or konami collection is easy. not as easy a complete tnt games or complete american video games collection tho :-) )

I have complete Activision, Imagic, CBS, and Parker Bros cart collections (missing some manuals)

I am missing the following NTSC Atari brand carts:

probably missing some text versions carts that I have as pictures, etc...

[Picture Labels]

Flag Capture

Game of Concentration

[silver Labels]

Asteroids

Gravitar

Rubik’s Cube

Swordquest Waterworld

[Red Labels]

Crossbow

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Junior

Ikari Warriors

Motorodeo

Mouse Trap

Q*Bert

Space Invaders

Venture

Xenophobe

Cheeers,

le geek

I'm missing these US based, released atari brand games:

BMX Airmaster

Motorodeo

Ikari Warriors

I thought for a long time that BMX, Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors didn't exist as NTSC but, another Atariage member has convinced me that Atari only made as many copies of these as were ordered back in 1989.  That is why they are so hard to find now.  They were essentially mail order only titles.  

MattG.

it is hard for me to believe that atari made those three titles for each one ordered mail order...making carts one at a time is just not cost effective. hand assembling individual carts just doesn't make sense. i would be more inclined to think they shipped PAL versions to people that ordered them and just told them to adjust their vertical hold on their TV if they complained.

IF they ever made ntsc versions of those titles, it is more likely they made a production run of 1000-10000, and then only made them available mail order. whatever happened to the leftovers is a more interesting question. are they sitting in a warehouse on a pallet next to a bunch of 7800 titles waiting to be found?

To complete my US NTSC collection I need:

Air Raid

Gauntlet

Mangia (if it exists)

A list of my entire collection can be found here:http://www.rolentapress.com/rolenta/collec.../games.htm#2600

hi rolenta, could you go over to the rarity forum and post in the rarity=10 and rarity=9 polls? sounds like you must now own all the beagle bros games, ntsc atari bmx airmaster and ikari warriors and obelix, vidco copy cart, pepsi invaders, all bomb games in ntsc format, tomarc/motocross, ultravision karate. you didn't mention those previously when you posted in those polls. :wink: ;)

seriously, though, please post in the rarity=9 poll. thanks

@tony

The atari red label games in question were available for a very short time from atari directly. They were never sold in stores to anyone's knowledge. I know they didn't sell these games as PAL in the US. The atariage member bfstats has shown me reciepts from 1990/91 when he ordered Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors from Atari. They are NTSC. I'm not saying they made the carts one at a time, I'm simply saying they ONLY made how many were ordered from mailorder which aparently wasn't many at all. I think the production run of these games was between 1,000 and 3,000 but, this is just an estimation.

MattG.