IGNORED

Vector Graphic MZ

Got this off CL a while back. The guy listed it for $200 but nobody else wanted it, so I sent him an e-mail to the effect of, "If you don't sell this, I'll offer $25."

My cell phone picture gave it a sort of divine halo where it sits above my desk in my office. Retro geezers will appreciate it when I tell you the keyboard click acoustics on this terminal are fantastic. Sounds just like David's computer in War Games.

I've actually never turned it on because it powered on with a key, which is missing. I'm sure I could hotwire it on but the components are looking really old and dusty and I don't have any floppies, so I will let it rest.

More info on this model here: http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=799

post-35444-0-23726900-1367594599_thumb.jpg

Edited by rebooter

• 2 weeks later...

Cool! I worked at a computer store that sold Vector Graphics (and Exidys and Ataris). They used some CP/M accounting programs on the Vector Graphic, including a buggy sales tax program in MS BASIC. They asked me to fix it and that's when I learned about inexact decimal values in binary floating point numbers (as opposed to Atari's exact BCD values). I added some rounding and fixed the bug.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the same "boat anchor" off eBay. Dirty and old, but it looks like it's all original and in very good shape other than dirt. Going to work on bringing it up soon. Wish I had the terminal that went with it like you found. Sounds like you got a great deal!

Mike