IGNORED

7800 Composite mod colors shifted to the right

WIZZARD77

I recently recieved a 7800 with a composite mod done on it. The picture is clear but the colors bleed to the right about 2 pixels in 2600 mode everything looks fine in 7800 mode. The left 21 pixels are in b&w and they over bleed off of the right most pixels. I changed out R17 with a 2.2k resistor and it helped a little and colors are brighter. Is there somthing I can change to align the colors? Thanks in advance.

Edited by WIZZARD77

I have an 8 bit domain board that does that in 7800 mode (I haven't played enough 2600 on it extensively to pay attention if it does it in 7800 mode). Green is the worst and appears about 2 pixels to the right, blue is also a little bad. I don't notice it as much with the other colors but they still probably bleed some or are not quite as noticeable (been a while since I have played it much). It appeared the same even when it was transferred to a different 7800. I would put a different upgrade board in it if it would help. I have thought about trying to pull the rf modulator out to see if that helps.

The 8 bit domain board I had for the 5200 looked great in composite.

Its a 32 in lcd. The picture is sharp just the colors seem to bleed to the right. I did some seaching and other people seem to be having the same problem. In 7800 mode its perfect, just 2600 mode is a little dark and the color shift thing. Tried on my brothers TV old CRT picture is perfect.

Edited by WIZZARD77

Its a 32 in lcd. The picture is sharp just the colors seem to bleed to the right...Tried on my brothers TV old CRT picture is perfect.

While you *may* receive some interference from the TIA chip, and a mod that offers the service with a switch is here...

http://electronicsen...onServices.html

Regardless, I believe your issue is more due to using an LCD than a CRT, as you stated on the CRT the picture is perfect.

I experienced horrible color issues on two different systems with two completely different Composite mods. Both look great on a CRT, only fair with off colors on LCD/LED/Plasma televisions (All different makes and models). See here:

http://atariage.com/...25#entry2699592

While you *may* receive some interference from the TIA chip, and a mod that offers the service with a switch is here...

http://electronicsen...onServices.html

Regardless, I believe your issue is more due to using an LCD than a CRT, as you stated on the CRT the picture is perfect.

I recently had my 7800 modded by this service - with the switch - and it ROCKS. But I never tried in on LCD as I prefer CRT for classic gaming. One day, I'll have to try it.