IGNORED

7800 PAL games.

Rik

I purchased a bunch of 7800 games and 5 of them are PAL, CIB, boxes are mint, they are:

1-Alien Brigade

2-Super Skateboardin' -HES

3-Super Huey -HES

4-TitleMatch Super Wrestling

5-Kung Fu Master, ( box is NTSC box, I think, but game is PAL) For 2600

I assumed i would just have the usual v-hold problem playing PAL games in an NTSC console, but in these cases, games won't play at all. Just the usual " ATARI" title screen comes up, then the screen goes black. I read somewhere that with the 7800, that's what most PAL games will do in an NTSC region and console depending on the games. " Kung Fu Master " game screen comes up but controls do not respond. I read somewhere you can buy a PAL convertor for your TV, sounds pricey if that is true. But then you would need a PAL console anyway right? Can someone please clear my confusion? much appreciated. This is the 1st time i've dealt with the PAL vs NTSC thing. I've searched on this site for answers, but i'm still confused. If all come to worse, i'll just sell these game off. :? :_(

No, it's not that. PAL 7800 games are not digitally signed, and the NTSC 7800 demands them to be (it was meant as a way to prevent the unauthorised third party releases that blighted the 2600), so they won't play AT ALL, unless you mod your 7800, or get a PAL 7800.

I still need one particular PAL release of 7800 TitleMatch Wrestling, so if you can PM me a photo of the box/cart, and it's the version I need, I'd be happy to take it off your hands :)

OOPS, :dunce: I made a few mistakes, the 7800 game i have is " TITLEMATCH PRO WRESTING " rather, by " HES ", "Super Huey" is not by HES of course and all are indeed PAL, sorry about that. The TITLEMATCH box says " Alex de Meo's TITLEMATCH PRO WRESTLING "HES" Distributed by Salu Ltd. Thanks for the reply Mayhem. I'll try to put pics up soon.

Edited by Rik

• 1 month later...