IGNORED

Little assistence for better emulators needed

I doing some help to people currently developing Atari emulators - Steven Seagal and Nikolas Pomarede - Steem and Hatari . There are still problems with floppy emulation with some titles, and it can be improved. The situation at moment is that only IPF emulation is enough accurate in sector reading speeds . Even Pasti is not good enough with it.

Since I'm short with working Ataris at moment, I ask little contribution: just to make simple test in few minutes. All what need is working Atari ST, STE, Mega ST, Mega STE (at 8MHz) with floppy disk in good shape (don't use some with valuable datas on, test writes little on disk) .

Test takes about 15 seconds. Usage and some tech. info included. Please post here your machine type and the result. Thanx.

FDCT.ZIP.

OK, thanks for the info - just wanted to clarify the situation of the drive. It works flawlessly but since the timing cap is replaced and heads cleaned the drive is operating like new. This is a factor that might need to be considered if you were looking at read and write speed etc since many drives out there aren't going to perform like they did 20 years ago etc.

Variations are small, and it is normal.

I have RPM measuring SW here http://atari.8bitchi...o/astopensw.php

(near bottom). For most of my drives I got 299-300.

Yes, that's normal, but in the Sony drives the timing cap starts to loose capacitance and it gradually changes - it can still be working but it tends to actually rotate slower (or faster). The symptom of the Sony in my STe when I got it was that the rotation was wildy inaccurate - it was spinning much faster than normal.