IGNORED

SEGA WHY????

Foxy Cleopatra

Isn't there still a GBA version coming out soon? Like, next month or something?

I played a decent amount of JGR for the Dreamcast, but I don't think I ever beat it. The game just got ridiculously hard near the end. One complaint I always had about this game was that you couldn't really control your tricks. I'm a Tony Hawk fan, so I think it would have been really cool if you actually had to try to pull off tricks (Maybe this changed in JGR Future, I don't know)

--Zero

you know Sega and Sammy is merging right?

Basically.. Sammy will own Sega.

†B†V†

Oh yea I know. And I don't really care much truthfully. Everything has to end at some point. I've been around video games since day 1 and I've seen so many companies disappear, new one appear, etc. It's all just the evolution of games. But, no more Jet Sets pisses me off

Isn't there still a GBA version coming out soon? Like, next month or something?

I played a decent amount of JGR for the Dreamcast, but I don't think I ever beat it. The game just got ridiculously hard near the end. One complaint I always had about this game was that you couldn't really control your tricks. I'm a Tony Hawk fan, so I think it would have been really cool if you actually had to try to pull off tricks (Maybe this changed in JGR Future, I don't know)

--Zero

The difficulty of JGR is one of the reasons I like it better than JSRF. I've beat JSRF about 6 times already, but JGR only once. And you didn't have to really try to pull off tricks in JSRF, but that's not the type of game this is. Tony Hawk is all about tricks JSRF and JGR aren't. That's why I liked these games so much, they are just different from everything out there...

it would tick me off if there was no more Nintendo.... it really would...

I really hope they can stay in it.  They have good stuff going.. REAL good stuff, but it just depends on the mass market... and the "trendyness" of the Nintendo system.

†B†V†

BV, don't be too worried. As long as Nintendo can milk money out of Mario, Pokemon, and the handheld gaming market, they'll be around. It's a 100 year old company and they're not going anywhere any time soon. They could exist off the money they made on Pokemon games and trading cards alone for years.

Jet Grind Radio was a great concept, but Sega blew it with the second incarnation. The game was in the spraypainting movements, and removing them removed the challenge.

To bring the original from goodness to greatness, Sega should've made some reason to pull off the tricks in the sequel. The trick feature was nice in the original, but completely unnecessary. Why would I spend hours pulling off tricks if I could just go around and do other stuff?

Those gripes aside, I love JGR and if the sequel had included the same spraypainting stuff, I probably would own an Xbox right now...

Jet Grind Radio was a great concept, but Sega blew it with the second incarnation.  The game was in the spraypainting movements, and removing them removed the challenge.

To bring the original from goodness to greatness, Sega should've made some reason to pull off the tricks in the sequel.  The trick feature was nice in the original, but completely unnecessary.  Why would I spend hours pulling off tricks if I could just go around and do other stuff?

Those gripes aside, I love JGR and if the sequel had included the same spraypainting stuff, I probably would own an Xbox right now...

I dunno, JSRF is still pretty challenging. JGR was more difficult to a degree, but only because of the spraypaint motions. I mean, it's not like they dumbed down the whole entire game. And there are reasons to pull off tricks in JSRF. Believe me, you have got to have the controls down perfectly in JSRF. I can probably think of at least 7 or 8 places in JSRF that will kick your ass for hours and hours until you finally get it right. I understand what you mean by the actual spraying movements, but you have so many other things to do, that you can see after playing it for a while, that it was removed for a reason. And in JSRF, you gotta use grinding quite a bit and at times, it's way more difficult than any spraypainting motion you ever had to do in JGR. JSRF is HUGE. The music kicks total ass, it plays flawlessly, and has some of the most creative levels/challenges in any game ever. I think you are missing out on way more than you think. Trust me, get the game.

I don't know... The reason that I loved JGR in the first place was the spraypainting motions. It really gave the game a challenge to me. I don't really consider grinding to be too much of a trick either, as it was the only one that was really necessary...

Besides, I have no money. Makes it easy to not own JSRF :)

I didn't think the motions were too difficult, it was a cross between getting wailed on from all sides and then having to do too many tricks just right. I can't remember if I ever got past that "times square"ish level.

I loved the visual design of the game, though.

I hope Sega doesn't become all lame.