IGNORED

Using Cubase on an emulator

Does anyone use Cubase on an ST emulator? I created a disk image from my old Cubase floppy disk, so I could use it with NoSTalgia, and whenever I try to run it, I get this error message: "MROS not found!" I thought maybe it was because the data had not been properly extracted from my disk, so I downloaded a Cubase disk image I found online. But still, same error message: "MROS not found!" I even tried several different versions of Cubase, and still no love. Any ideas why this is happening? I never had this problem on my ST, and it's the same Cubase!

Yes, legit version needs a dongle. The MROS folder holds all the drivers etc. Make sure that folder is intact. I'm assuming the disk images you picked up are crkd version wich is what you will need. You could always try cubase lite to test and see if that runs also to check your setup.

Yes, the Cubase that I extracted from my disk is cracked, and also the ones that I downloaded are cracked. I checked the Cubase folder, and inside are the files Cubase1.rsc, Cubase2.rsc, Cubase3.rsc, and mros1_02. So mros is in there; Cubase just isn't finding it. I'm assuming it must have something to do with the NoSTalgia emulator, since it worked fine when I had a real ST. I guess the version of TOS that I have might be different, too. Could that be it?

Okay, I'll check out Cubase Lite. I didn't even know there was a Cubase Lite for ST. Will it read my old Cubase ARR docs?

Thanks, CubLite does seem to work. I'm still wondering why the full version doesn't work, though. I'm wondering if it wasn't installed properly. I never had an HDD when I had my ST, so I always just ran the software from the disk. So when I created a virtual HDD in NoSTalgia, I wasn't really sure how to use it. I didn't see any Cubase installer, so I just dragged all the files to the HDD.

I tried changing the TOS to 1.4, and now I don't get that "MROS not found!" message anymore, but now I keep getting this "Bad memory structure" message. It doesn't stop Cubase from running, though, so it looks like I'm in business. Now my only problem is that it doesn't seem to be able to access my midi interface. Does anyone know how NoSTalgia handles midi? I checked the NoSTalgia website, and it looks like it should be able to send/receive midi, so maybe I'm doing something wrong?