IGNORED

Intellivision II

I was at a thrift store and there was a box with an Intellivision II and a bunch of boxed games with no price on it. Asked and he said how about $30 for it so I took it, wanted an Intellivison anyways so why not with games included. The system powers on great, and it came with 25 games + 1 duplicate that is shrink wrapped still. 2 of the games, including the shrinkwrapped one are for the intellivoice which for some reason didn't come in this box. Box just said "dad's old gaming system, Intellivison," so I'm not surprised it's not in there, might be in another box at the persons house somewhere. The system powers up and 1 of the controllers works pretty good, all buttons work and I can move, the other one I can't get the buttons to work.

So, 2 questions.

1. Was this a good deal? All games are in the box and almost all have the insert things.

2. Is there a way to fix an intellivison 2 controller?

Thanks

1. Yes

2. No

Not really......if you take them appart, you end up breaking these hooks that hold them together.....usually you can cobble a working one together and then super glue them together.....but the best thing to do is to buy a replacement for them (new INTV2 controllers) or Sears controllers....

Lock'N'Chase, Swords & Serpents, Atlantis, Dragonfire, Utopia, Ice Trek, Star Strike, Auto Racing, Demon Attack, Space Battle, Sub Hunt, Buzz Bombers, Skiing, Beauty & the Beast, Triple Action, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Frogger, Night Stalker, Sparce Armada, The Dreadnaught Factor, Tron Deadly Discs, Burgertime, B-17 bomber (Intellivoice game), Space Spartans (Intellivoice Game), and Space Spartans shrink wrapped still.

Quick question about the controllers. Do I need Intellivion 2 controllers only or will the intellivion controllers also work. Another question about the system. What was the difference between the Intellivion and Intellivion 2 system? Other then it is a lot smaller and doesn't look as nice.

For $30 you definitely got your money's worth. Most of those games are fairly common, but Swords, Ice Trek, Dragonfire, Buzz Bombers and Dreadnaught are uncommon and certainly are worth what you paid and more. Well done you. :)

Your main two options are eBay and trades with the people here. eBay can get pricey, though. It may sound silly, but if it were me I'd watch eBay for a loose Intellivision II console with no AC adapter. the AC adapter for the Intellivision II was unique to that system and typically will sell for $20 by itself on eBay. Occasionally you'll find a loose console without the adapter on eBay that will sell for very little ($20). Many of the non-sports games are one player, so plenty to do while you hunt one down. If you're patient you'll find a good deal.

Nice pick-ups on the games by the way. I'll reiterate what Cmart said about the value of the rare ones, but I will also add that you have many titles in there that are very fun even though they don't sell for a lot of money. I will also also add that there are 125 unique titles for the Intellivision, not including the recent home brew releases. I started off with a handful of games and quickly decided that I wanted all 125. 2 years and 119 complete in box games later.... ;-) Just sayin'

Edited by JasonlikesINTV