IGNORED

Genesis Shmups

metzger130

Twin Cobra is a solid arcade port. Raiden eventually turned out to borrow heavily from it, so what you have is an older game that plays a lot like Raiden. Lots of stuff going on and it has a pretty good soundtrack. The start-back mode is rough though, so you might want to put it on easy the first time through.

Fire Shark is another that's similar. I don't like it as much as others do, but it's still good.

For the 32X, I enjoyed Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000. It's an isometric shooter similar to Viewpoint, albeit your ship can jump as well as take hold of downed enemies. This ability system lends it to be one of the more unique shmups of its time. Keep in mind, like Viewpoint, it's a memorizer though. It's also not the most polished thing, with lots of clipping and disappearing polygons. If you can get over that, it still has some cool effects (scaling) and it's generally fun to play.

Yeah i would also give Steel Empire (Empire Of THe Steel) the nod too,massively underrated and quite a challenge,I do also still play Arrow Flash-okay it is not brilliant but might be worth a look.Some Others -

Bio Hazard Battle

Mega Swiv (Firepower 2000)

Master Of Weapon

Hellfire

Vapour Trail

Truxton (Tastujin)

Aero Blasters (Air Buster) is a rare catch if you can get a copy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfJCziiYVAo"

If you want something a little unusual try Elemental Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srgwgbbNW2Q"

Edited by R.O.T.S