IGNORED

2013 Great Year for Intellivision

2013 Great Year for intellivision  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will 2013 be a great year for Intellivision?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I haven't been around much bc of real life stuff i am working on (nothing bad), but it takes up a lot of my free time. Well I managed to sneak a few minutes and decided to post a poll. Look like 2013 will be the year of intellivision. Rev predicted it last year. So many new games for the best retro console this year.

This would be nice. Ah, and I forget to mention: I would love a side scroll Jump and Run. Something like Mario Bros on the NES. Of course the Inty is much more limited, but I am sure that its possible to create a nice Jump & Run. And maybe a Game like Halo 2600. Just imagine how amazing this game could be with 16 Bit power :-o

This would be nice. Ah, and I forget to mention: I would love a side scroll Jump and Run. Something like Mario Bros on the NES. Of course the Inty is much more limited, but I am sure that its possible to create a nice Jump & Run. And maybe a Game like Halo 2600. Just imagine how amazing this game could be with 16 Bit power :-o

all nice ideas, but making an intv game is a delicate mix of 3 factors: finding a good license (If I could tell you about couple of licenses I'm working on, you would not believe... not Halo but...), engaging the programmer that need to be interested in the project, and find resources to advance the very high cost of package etc.

a complete original game (not license) is welcome but it may have less hope to recover costs... it's complex... but I monitor all the suggestions here

• Like 1

I am very excited what license you are working on :) Oh, and I have another wish game: May you know North & South? I played it on the Amiga 500 and its an AWESOME game, one of the alt time best multiplayer games. I dont know if its possible to license that, but I am pretty sure that this brings some new publicity to the Intellivision

I am very excited what license you are working on :) Oh, and I have another wish game: May you know North & South? I played it on the Amiga 500 and its an AWESOME game, one of the alt time best multiplayer games. I dont know if its possible to license that, but I am pretty sure that this brings some new publicity to the Intellivision

I was an Amiga enthusiast and north & south is one of my favourites.. the game is published by microids but I guess the copyright is at Atari... need to check... if Atari is VERY difficult to obtain license

and.. yes the game in my opinion is feasible on intv

• Like 1

Atari (or lets call it Infogrames since Atari is dead) is dead (again). If I didnt get it wrong the poor leftover is for sale now in the USA, so the situation is maybe changing. So keep trying, North & South would be a game I need several copies and I am also willing to pay a premium price for the Serial No. 1. So if this ever happens remember me ;)

@ DZ Jay: North & South is a serious applicant to get a 10 :lust:

Atari (or lets call it Infogrames since Atari is dead) is dead (again). If I didnt get it wrong the poor leftover is for sale now in the USA, so the situation is maybe changing. So keep trying, North & South would be a game I need several copies and I am also willing to pay a premium price for the Serial No. 1. So if this ever happens remember me ;)

I'm not looking to re-make old games that exist in other platforms. I think the Intellivision community would be served better with absolutely original titles. I know what Elektronite is trying to, and that's fine, but I rather see cheap cart-only productions of completely new and innovative game titles.

-dZ.

I contacted Anuman now, and asked for North South license... will se what reply I get