IGNORED

SNES Broken Power Supply Port

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

hi sorry te interruption here , i have an SNES 101 that doesnt turn on.

in classic SNES common issue taht i see is the pico fuse , here on 101 cant find that fuse (and yes i have little knowledge about electronics but i can investigate ) and continue searching the faultt

i checked the dc adapter i have 2 the original givin 13 v altough it said 10v and a generic of 9 v and gives me 9.45v . i use multimeter on the SNES Jack port and works but then i dunno where to check.

I try to enter the page you mentioned to search for more info but the page it´s down.

I have a Nes and a Snes from my GF and we want to make it work , so any advice would be enormeous apreciated.

NinjaWarrior: Wholesale accounts?

ALL: An update: I finally fixed it! :)
I got an install guide from here:
http://www.nintendorepairhut.com/selfrepairguides/downloadablerepairguide.html

I also DIDN'T HAVE TO DESOLDER THE RF SOCKET. You first desolder the two pins on the ac socket then wedge it out.

Even tho the part is slightly expensive, it's worth fixing.

Ok, yep its the OLD mini, SNES2 , SNES 101 or New-Style Super NES.

I have two AC ADAPTERS

the original Output 10v 850 mA =Multimeter value 14.4v

generic for SNES/NES Output 9v 850mA =Multimeter value 9.4v

i attached an image on red circle its the dc jack pins i got the same voltage that comes out of the dc adapter if i have the console OFF i f i turn on its downs like 2 vlts

on the green circle its the ON/OFF Switch . In OFF position i got all the voltage form the DC ADAPTER. In ON position got .038v

Those combo adapters are trash. For one it did not even work with my NES! I was afraid it killed it but nope. I used the original one again and it was fine. And also the fact that it's the wrong voltage and mA for the SNES. But that might be a different adapter because it was only around 600 mA.