IGNORED

Magnavox Odyssey 100 (The orangemajigger) - AC Adapter voltage?

Donnicton

Good evening folks,

I just noticed this hardware forum was a thing that existed - oops.

I recently intercepted a Magnavox Odyssey 100 pong console recently, from the original owner who was preparing to send it to a flea market. Got it for free even, as long as I was willing to make the half-hour drive to pick it up. :thumbsup:

Seems it is in exceptionally good condition, only maybe needs a spit polish and it's good to go. It has the switch box, but unfortunately it has no AC Adapter as the owner was not able to find it.

Now, I know these things are supposed to be able to take an obscene amount of batteries, but did these machines normally come with the AC Adapter as well, or were they separate accessories?

On that note, does anyone know the specific voltage/amperage that is required for this thing, failing a place to actually obtain an adapter?

Thanks!

the machine will only draw what current it needs from the power supply ... if the supply can not provide that current it will shut off or burn out ... sometimes in a nasty way. If it provides more, the circuit will consume what it needs and you have a surplus in the supply, which ultimately means less heat at the supply, which is not a bad thing

so unless something is fried and shorted out, its not a power supply problem anyway,

Edited by Osgeld

the machine will only draw what current it needs from the power supply ... if the supply can not provide that current it will shut off or burn out ... sometimes in a nasty way. If it provides more, the circuit will consume what it needs and you have a surplus in the supply, which ultimately means less heat at the supply, which is not a bad thing

so unless something is fried and shorted out, its not a power supply problem anyway,

If the AC adaptor is outputting AC voltage that is correct however it if it is outputting a DC voltage it is only correct for Regulated (Stabilized) power adaptors. For unregulated power adaptors using a supply with an higher that required current rating could result in damage to the system due to excess voltage being supplied to it. Edited by Stephen Moss