IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 3: Release 2

The software currently in beta has full LTO Flash! features (natch) and can download games to Intellicart. In theory, it will be easy do the same for CC3 once you've got the cabling set up to use the CC3's serial port - though support for CC3-specific BIN to ROM conversions isn't tested. (The infrastructure is all present.)

My intent for "full" CC3 support is to make it easy to take the menu layout you've defined and write out the necessary CC3 files. I.e. it would be an alternative to the original CC3 software. Because I have a penchant to overdo things, this will mean features like backup / restore of CC3 layouts, and other such fun. It'll require me to be well-steeped in the file formats and layout, which isn't on my current action list.

From what I recall, SoulBuster's app is one alternative to the original CC3 software, as many find the original tricky to use or understand.

I've only rarely used either the original or SoulBuster's software. Once I do have the time and energy to devote to making a spiffier CC3 feature to add to the LTO Flash! UI software, it'll happen.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After some recent hit and misses with the CC3 software where one day I can load a rom and the next, no matter what I try It just does not work I finally loaded this up and have been experimenting with CC3ME.

I have worked out the "description editor" and "matching" tabs but am stuck on the menu editor. I have also managed to accidentally delete the existing menus and think the only way to get them back is to start from scratch again (What could be done to protect a large menu that is being built and accidentally deleted)?

Every time I hit the "Reload Mch" tab it keeps loading up the menu editor with duplicates but I cannot work out how to get the games across from the right side of the screen into any of the menus at the left.

Also what does the :build" button do? If I press it I am asked if I want to delete existing menus.

Well I got a lot further this time but still could not drag a rom from the list on the right to a folder and make a saved version of it.

I managed to put the program on a SD card, plug it into the CC3 and show the CC3ME menus on the TV but no games are there.

The ROM does show however in the games file created on the micro SD card

Edited by Utopia

Could the problem be with Ver2? (build 0.9)

With the original release I have been able to add roms to the menus (could not do this with ver2), save them and then transfer everything to the CC3 where all the original menu options are there but there are still no roms within the menus.

Can anyone shed some light on what I may be doing wrong?

As I only have one micro sd card to play with I have have loaded what I need for now on chads original program.

I just did a quick setup without any menu structure with half a dozen roms, (when I try to make menus I get into trouble) so will be using this for now but will get back to your version soon.

I do want to make it work as it should be easier to use.

Any chance on a bit more instruction detail regarding saving the roms?

I will run through a complete setup with step by step and pics. It may take me awhile, I am in the middle of a game release.

Fantastic, and certainly do not interrupt the game release for this. I am going to have another play around with CC3ME today.

Edited by Utopia

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that this program was corrupting ROM images when running it in windows 10. I have not tested it with Windows 8 or 8.1. It did work correctly in Windows 7.

I have looked into the programming (C#) and found a threading issue and made corrections.

This version should work in Windows 10. You will have to uninstall any previously installed versions.

Instructions have been updated.

CC3ME.zip

Edited by SoulBuster

I have found that this program was corrupting ROM images when running it in windows 10. I have not tested it with Windows 8 or 8.1. It did work correctly in Windows 7.

I have looked into the programming (C#) and found a threading issue and made corrections.

This version should work in Windows 10. You will have to uninstall any previously installed versions.

Instructions have been updated.

I will give this another try later today. The new instructions are great. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Utopia

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

I have been playing around with your program again (I did not want it to beat me) and have had some success.

Previously I had always loaded roms into a new sub menu I created and while all the roms show in the file structure of CC3ME when I tried to open them I get a error that the file is not valid. Today I loaded roms into your pre existing menus and it works.

Just tried one more experiment and created a new sub menu but this time capitalized the first letter and it works!

So all I was doing wrong was creating my sub menus all in lower case letters.

:)

Edit - How do you get around the rom conflicts when 2 roms show up with the same CRC? (but with different rom names) I Could not find a way to simply remove a CRC to be able to keep both versions.

Edited by Utopia

That was on purpose. If you have two ROMs with the same CRC, they are the same game. To remove the ROM CRC, I believe you right-click on it and it gives you the option to remove the CRC.

I did not realize the Caps problem. I have always capped the first letter in most things I do. Probably why I never found that problem (I should never be my own tester). I wonder now, if it is my program or the CC3 having the problem with it?

That was on purpose. If you have two ROMs with the same CRC, they are the same game.

Not necessarily, auto racing has two steering versions and thin ice has a variation as well. I will play around with CC3ME a bit more.

The duplicate CRC cannot be deleted from the matching pane on the left so it would be good if there was a box to edit the CRC in the description editor so multiple versions of a single game can be loaded.

While there are any conflicts in the matching menu which are highlighted in red none of the games will migrate across. :?

I get why you have done it this way but a choice of how to handle roms that conflict this way would be a nice little tweak.

Edited by Utopia

• 6 years later...

This program does not work in Windows 10 except for the delete old menu function. It gets some kind of program not registered to this machine or this computer and if you click continue it does not display the menu you already have on the memory card. The Linux version does not even run or get an error message, just does nothing when you click on it in Linux Mint

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, fotomotoloto said:
Can anyone tell me what the current market value of a new Cuttle Cart 3 might be?

Normally JasonlikesINTV  would jump in here to run some previous Ebay sales numbers at us.

We may not know the current sales price and Value of your Cuttle Cart until you actually auction it off.

Even then,that's just one instance. 

Good luck!

Lol, every-time I hear the words 'cuttle cart' I think of the Bundy's when Al and Peggy were playing that board game with Marcy and Jefferson and Al got a 'CUDDLE CARD' which means he had to 'cuddle' with all of them, lol... Then I think he jumped out of that plane without a parachute, HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA 🤣