IGNORED

Huh? This can't be right

MegaManFan

Perhaps it is a percentage?  Anyway, the page states that the board was started in April...but it didn't go online until June.  So there is a bit of time where the software doesn't have anyone visiting the site (besides the Al's, maybe).

So perhaps this line of the stats should be reset, or adjusted.

Yes, some of the statistics generated aren't particularly useful or clear. The number of users, topics, and posts per day is calculated by simply taking the total number and dividing it by the number of days the forum has been running. This results in numbers that have little bearing on how many users sign up and how many messages are posted these days. For instance, there are now often 1,000 new messages each day, yet the Statistics page states that the number of posts per day is 346.

The forums actually did go online with AtariAge in April, 2001. However, they were *running* for several months before that. Take a look at this:

Albert's User Profile

I joined on January 23, 2001. There was very little activity on the forums for those three months before the site went live, and that screws up the averages even further. :)

What I would like to do is actually calculate the number of posts and users per day based on the prior week's activity. But it's not something I've had time to look at yet (I did not write the Statistics module we're using)..

..Al

What I would like to do is actually calculate the number of posts and users per day based on the prior week's activity.  But it's not something I've had time to look at yet (I did not write the Statistics module we're using)..

Yes, prior week, month or year would be nice. And also a statistic that shows the busy times over an average day would be useful.

I joined on January 23, 2001.  There was very little activity on the forums for those three months before the site went live, and that screws up the averages even further.  :)

Who is that blackman that joined in February, and posted only once?