IGNORED

2600 Music Kit and 2600 Music Programmer's Guide

Paul Slocum

I've finished the first version of the 2600 music programming guide and the new version of my 2600 music development kit. The guide covers pretty much everything I know about 2600 sound and music, and the music kit includes my music driver, a player, an example song, and detailed instructions on the format of my music data.

I put together the music kit so that non-programmers can use it, so if you like programming music and want to give the 2600 a shot, download my kit and try it out.

We really need more 2600 music programmers, especially with the Dance Dance Revolution port coming along. I've got more music requests than I can keep up with as is.

Information and downloads here:

http://qotile.net/sequencer.html

-Paul

Hey Paul,

Your programming guide was just what i needed to get started.

I know nothing about programming so this was a huuuge help.

Everything about writing music this way is foreign to me, as nothing is intuitive about it. even though..

I was able to get some decent results.

With some practice (and about 100 hours) i think i can get the hang of it.

But, i would love to see an easier to use version of this, some type of drum machine styled tool where the machine coding would be minimal.

In the mean time i will muddle through awkward basslines and wierd melodies. Keep up the good work. 8)

djdsl

Great! I'd love to check out the ROM when you get something put together that you like.

It'd be nice to have an easier interface, but I'm not very experienced at writing GUIs. I might get around to it one of these days. I do like that the weird format makes you end up with and try things you wouldn't normally. ;)

-Paul