IGNORED

Anyway to fix a scratched GBA screen?

joeybastard

GRRRRRRR... I bought a screen protector/light combo for my GBA and after using it for about a week it scratched the screen when it was folded down. Some protector :x The scratches aren't that bad but I'd like to get rid of them anyway. I've used diluted toothpaste to take scratches out of a watch glass but I'm hesitant to try that on my GBA screen. Anybody know of something to try that's safe? Can I just buy another screen?

Yeah, you can buy replacement screens from Nintendo. Go to their web site and poke around. The screens seem not to be available from retail outlets, so you'll have to resign yourself to the $5.00 shipping charge. It would probably be a good idea to pick up a spare screen and a couple of battery compartment covers as well, since you're paying anyway (and those items probably won't increase the shipping amount). I've broken two battery case covers over a year's time.

Once you get a replacement screen, go to Toys R Us and buy the screen protector that is just a thin sheet of clear plastic.  

It just lays on top of the original so you can't even tell there is a protector there... if it gets scratched up, you just peel it off and get another one.

Great idea, thanks.

Michael