IGNORED

Background scrolling and sound

Rabbit 2600

When I try to compile it, I get a compile error on this line:

if collision(player0,player1) then score = score + 10 : player1x = 255 : player1y = 255 : h + 10

The error is because you say "h + 10" without setting anything equal to it-- I'm guessing you meant to say "h = h + 10"?

Even after I fixed that error the compiler kept crashing until I split the following line into two separate lines:

Before (crashes the compiler):

if h > 0 then AUDV0 = 8 : AUDC0 = 6 : AUDF0 = 1 : h = h - 1 : if h = 0 then AUDV0 = 0

After (compiles okay):

if h > 0 then AUDV0 = 8 : AUDC0 = 6 : AUDF0 = 1 : h = h - 1
  if h = 0 then AUDV0 = 0

This compiles for me using the version of batari Basic in the bBWin7_64bit.zip file:

Thanks for mentioning that! I keep running into compile issues where the only way I can make a program compile is to either split some logic into nested ifs (such as "if a = 1 then if b = 2 then ..." instead of "if a = 1 && b = 2 then ..."), or split a nested if into separate lines, or some other type of revision in the logic. For the record, the version of 2600basic.exe that I've been using is dated 07/28/2011 at 12:32AM. I'll try the files you've linked to. I probably never applied them because the OS on my desktop computer is 32-bit, not 64-bit.

Aha! So the error was that I should have split

if h > 0 then AUDV0 = 8 : AUDC0 = 6 : AUDF0 = 1 : h = h - 1 : if h = 0 then AUDV0 = 0

up?

No. You had h + 10 instead of h = 10.

Do not split the line. if you use more than one noise on the same channel, splitting the line will cause the channel to be muted.