IGNORED

Serious collection: Atari 2600/VCS & Odyssey 2

Coming soon! I am going in order of publisher, and I have a few more publishers to go before I get to them. My homebrews, Imagic, and Magnavox/Phillips posts will show them. (no Parker Bros O2 titles, yet)

• 1 month later...

I like Data Age. I am aware that I may be alone on this.

Their releases were so unusual. Like Airlock, the submarine escape game, with a character that looks like someone from Tron on the cover. Or Journey Escape, where you rush to get to the Scarab beetle and are helped by little blue alien roadies on the way. Besides that, Encounter at L5 is a really fun game. (Using a paddle controller for a bottom shooter is a great idea. Why didn't more 2600 game publishers do this?)

And the incredibly weird Mindscape record..! (Which must be the inspiration for the creepy movie "Beyond the Black Rainbow".. They are eerily similar.)

Anyway, here is my Data Age collection.

Airlock

null_zps418794b5.jpg

Bermuda Triangle

null_zpsa5171d8d.jpg

Bugs

18692ea5-cafb-4cb9-aaee-8294bb19af8f_zpsc102b34b.jpg

Encounter at L5

null_zpsb9d48908.jpg

Frankenstein's Monster

null_zpsf348cde9.jpg

Journey Escape

null_zps7c639536.jpg

Mindscape

null_zpse9e08962.jpg

Sssnake

null_zps44089d25.jpg

Warplock

null_zps12e35ca1.jpg

Some box variations

null_zpsbe91371b.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am a card-carrying member of the Numb Thumb Club:

null_zps6b7a3e0d.jpg

...and according to this card, I am entitled to all rights and privileges associated with said membership.. But... I haven't signed the back of it, so it says the card is invalid..! Crap..

Numb Thumb News issue 1:

null_zps44197f4f.jpg

Numb Thumb News issue 2:

null_zps9dd61651.jpg

Demon Attack!

null_zpsb995191c.jpg

Odyssey 2 (I am the original owner of this one.. Bought it new in the store when I was a kid):

null_zpse04fe53a.jpg

Atari 2600 silver box:

null_zps7d6e507f.jpg

Atari 2600 black box (shrinkwrapped):

null_zpsc7daf195.jpg

Atari 400/800:

null_zps110fd624.jpg

IBM PCjr:

null_zps2718ea26.jpg

VIC-20 (sealed):

null_zpsffa306db.jpg

Intellivision (sealed):

null_zps1a5f5f34.jpg

Something that stands out to me, after taking all of these pictures, is now many different trays there are.

On Fire Fighter, it is a cardboard tray with a slot to store the manual in.

Fathom has a white plastic tray.

Several of the black plastic trays for the 2600 releases are different than each other.

Wow, that's one amazing Imagic collection, just missing the later Imagic releases:

Chopper Hunt, Crime and Punishment, Injured Engine, Talking Teacher, Tournament Tennis (all C64), should you go after these.

Thanks. I knew about Injured Engine, but not those others. I will have to look into them.

I have a few other gaps. Truckin' and Fathom for Intellivision are the main ones I am still after, but a silver box for Subterranea is top of my list.

I recently became aware that Imagic also published games on several other platforms, like the Apple II, Coco, MSX, and ZX Spectrum, but I'm not currently planning to go for those.

One version of Demon Attack I would like to add to my collection is the Videopac+ version:

demon%20attack.jpg

I just recently got a working Phillips G7400 setup, so there are a number of Videopac+ titles I am going to be looking for.