IGNORED

A cheeky request to Tursi/Michael Zapf

OX.

Ahem ... no ... not thought about this yet.

One thing to be remembered: MESS is not only about TI systems (yes, try the C64 on it, too!), and it's my work in a really modest part only. MESS is some kind of toolkit to build whole systems from, with an abundance of emulated circuits, most of them we don't need for the TI. Indeed, ALL systems are compiled into the executable, and you just need to add the required ROMs to start right away.

There have been considerations to create something like "tiny builds" where everything is thrown out that does not belong to the system you are interested in. On the other hand, this is not really more than a question a matter of the process memory that you have, and with current computers we have plenty of it. In other words, it's not really worth the effort to strip down MESS to the TI part, since the rest of the code is just never reached during runtime, just lingering in memory.

And BTW, having a choice is not always that bad. I'm sometimes a bit irritated by people (not you, here) who seem to wish they had no choice but only one for this and one for that. Give me one operating system, one writer program, one emulator, one file system type, ...

Edited by mizapf

I've thought about working on MESS, but I like my emulator, and don't 100% agree with the MESS philosophy for my work. (About 98.5%) ;) So they stay separate. People have contributed to Classic99 here and there, but, in general I enjoy the project too much to share. ;)