IGNORED

Quick Pinball question

Thanks to a recent purchase from a really cool AA'er and eBayer, I have made a long overdue upgrade to my Mattel Pinball.

It came with a black and white labeled cart (no year stamp) which I assumed was an Intellivision Inc cart that didn't belong, but you never know what crazy things got released back in the day. I guess my question is, is there any chance that Mattel copies of Pinball ever came with a non-purple cart? Just wanted to check before I swapped in my other purple cart. Also, while were talking Pinball, does anyone know which of the other non-purple Pinball carts (with and without year on label) went with the various Intellivision Inc boxes (with and without bar code on bottom)? I'm just trying to make sure I match all of these parts up correctly :? Thanks!

Obviously, my old one on the right. Intellivision Inc box not pictured.

Pinball Upgrade_fronts

Pinball Upgrade_backs

• 1 month later...

Hey man - just checked my Mattel Copy, and it's a purple label (I've got another one that's packed away somewhere). This is a complete guess, and as suck may not help much, but I think it's more likely that Mattel switched to a white label with purple text than it is that INTV spent the $$$ on purple ink. It would be a trip though - can't really recall any other white Mattel Carts. . .

I thought the same thing, considering all of the Intellivision, Inc cartridge label variations. I have a purple Mattel cart for my primary Mattel copy. I'll just keep an eye out for another for my 2ndary copy. I just can't seem to get myself to store an Intellivision Inc cart in a Mattel box. I have issues.

I thought the same thing, considering all of the Intellivision, Inc cartridge label variations. I have a purple Mattel cart for my primary Mattel copy. I'll just keep an eye out for another for my 2ndary copy. I just can't seem to get myself to store an Intellivision Inc cart in a Mattel box. I have issues.

Hehe, same here. It's not quite peanut butter and chocolate we're dealing with... not oil and water, though... more like the poles of a magnet. The Mattel boxes have the cart slots aligned N-S, carts S-N, so they just fit. The I.I. stuff has S-N boxes and N-S carts... Physics just prevents them from combining in a reasonable fashion.

Edited by intvsteve

I am not kidding ;) I am no sealed collector and I wont start this nonsense. The only use of the foil is to protect the game til its sold to someone who wants to play it. Well, after 30 years my little baby arrived the end of its journey and found this person. Do you have sealed games? If yes, just listen in a quite minute and you can hear them whispering: Let me out of here! I wanna be free!

By the way: Sealed games often are not minty, they have several flaws which are just hidden. My Pinball has a crooked label with brown stains, the catalog has tears and even the overlays are showing marks.

I do have sealed games. I never thought I'd start, but it happened. I will say this:

1. I don't overpay for sealed games

2. I prefer mint open games anyday over sealed games.

3. My sealed game collection is only a supplement to my primary game collection. None of my core collection of the orig 125 games is sealed. Actually, one is sealed....Jetsons, although I also have an opened copy.

4. A decent condition sealed Pinball would be a welcome addition to my collection ;-)

I agree with #1 & #2. For me, the sealed games are more of a subset collection of the sealed Mattel commons. I think I have all Space Network games and paid < $8/ game. My prized sealed games are Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Mind Strike, Mr Basic (all pretty minty), and the orig Mattel Checkers (which I believe has the full color manual). The other advantage of sealed commons is that eventually I think their value will climb (at least above $8/game) in the long run. Never underestimate the market for sealed games. Eventually, the warehouse stockpile will run dry ;-)

• 1 year later...

I just found a purple label pinball with the box (pretty beaten up) and the instructions in an intellivision lot i just bought. Never heard of this one before today.

It's a decent pinball game. You just missed the high score challenge for Pinball:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/236359-the-new-hsc-game-3-pinball/