IGNORED

Has anyone had recent communication from Atarimax?

wongojack

I had to send back an item to Steve for repair/replace back at the end of May and he hasn't answered any of my emails since. I've heard great things about his support, so I was surprised that my emails have gone unanswered. I'm a little worried about it; maybe he's sick or hurt or something.

Anyone buy something from Atarimax recently or get some email from Steve?

• 4 months later...

FWIW, I sent an email at the end of September, asking about the new Coleco SD cart. He replied about a week later. I've bought from him before without issue, and I was going to order the Coleco cart this week. Hearing about a lack of communication is a little disconcerting, though.

I have an order with him right now for a 5200 SD card for about a week now. No response to emails.

What is with people around here that sell stuff and never respond to emails about status and take forever sending something. It seems like proper manners and good business to say something to your customers. Engineers that sell things seem to have no idea what proper customer service is.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, when you are taking orders and receiving money, you have to at least acknowledge that an order has been placed. It takes less than a minute to send off an email that says order was received or has been shipped out. We are not talking about thousands of orders at the same time here and if we were, there are bot programs out there that can do this automatically. I've had multiple cases where I've ordered something from someone on this site and others and never hear anything. I just think a simple acknowledgment email isn't outside of reason. It makes for a happy customer that doesn't freak out and call their credit card company and have them post a charge back against you, wreaking your credit.

Last year I had some communication with Steven regarding the Colecovision AtariMax cartridge.

Same year by September/October I sent an e-mail about buying some items from his old list (he said he could check if still available) but I don't got an answer (someone said to me he was in vacation.)

Later I bought everything from other source, so it was not a problem.

I don't believe this is a fair generalization to make.

..Al

This reminds me. Al, you've a PM from me ;)

Edited by nanochess

I've ordered a lot of flash carts from Steve and have never had a problem with service or communication. I recommend some patience. If he hasn't responded, then I'm sure there is a valid reason for it.

I think we should cut these guys some slack and not necessarily hold them to the standards of traditional businesses. They are small operations and certainly not their primary job. The economics don't justify the time they put into designing/manufacturing/selling these products. They provide a huge service to the community and need to be appreciated for what they do.

• Like 7

I had to send back an item to Steve for repair/replace back at the end of May and he hasn't answered any of my emails since. I've heard great things about his support, so I was surprised that my emails have gone unanswered. I'm a little worried about it; maybe he's sick or hurt or something.

Anyone buy something from Atarimax recently or get some email from Steve?

Steve eventually responded to me and even gave me a slight refund due to the delay. I think he's just a busy guy, but he will respond to you.

• Like 2