IGNORED

Which Portable is best for money:NEOGEO, Nomad, TurboExpress

bergbros

I have a Lynx and a GBA and I really love my Lynx but I admit there are some deficiencies, namely, the lack of good sports and fighting titles. I really want only one more portable and I was doing some research and I found these three to be the best. I want the best system value wise. WHich has the best and biggest library especially in the arcade conversion, RPG, fighting categories. I realize the NEO GEO has the best battery life of the three but I intend the system to be a more home type. Which has the best specs as a whole?

the neo is the most portable of the mentioned machines, and the only one with a unique library. Sadly, games are hard to come by and get pricey.

The Nomad is a great machine, but it eats batteries too quickly. Games are very cheap for it, and while there are far too many lameass sports games for the genny, there are also a crapload of great shooters and action games that flew under the radar of mainstream gamers of the day. I got super lucky and got one for 30 dollars, and it lays on the endtable next to my bed.

The Turbo Express is even more expensive than the Nomad, and games are difficult to come by like the neo pocket. I wouldnt actively seek one of these out, but if you were to come across one by accident, dont pass it up.

i have all 3, the nomad is the best of them by a mile. sure there are lot of sports titles, not all of which are lame btw but in any genre it blows away the other two systems available games. the picture quality is pretty good, the screen is backlit and decent sized. get over the battery thing, i use rechargable ones in mine and you can plug it in. the only real draw back to it is the size, its big and tires out your hands if you get into a long session.

the turbo express will really set you back and the games are not that impressive compared to the other two. its a great system to have though, i enjoy a good game of galaga 90 on it from time to time. be careful about the screen quality when you buy one, it suffers from dead pixels.

i wish i could get more use out of my neo geo pocket but i refuse to pay more for a game than i did for the system itself, which is the case with this thing. its a wonderful portable, i find its design to be nicer than the GBA, great controls, nice screen but where are the games?

get the nomad, make sure it comes with the sega made battery clip on though, those are tough to replace.

Lots of good points... I'd also have to vote for the Nomad. The Genesis is a great system, and a handheld version of it is definitely worthwhile. Try to hang around wall outlets though, as the battery issue is quite nasty. My friend has quoted me battery lifes of about 3 hours on some occasions :o

--Zero