IGNORED

NanoPeb Extension Cable

idflyfish

Look at topic I started: http://atariage.com/...212991-cf7-box/

There I put pictures of my CF7+ in the box and there are pictures of cable to conect cf7 with TI 99/4a.

Unfortunately, that cable will not work with the nanoPEB. Connecting the nanoPEB to the side port of the console would require a card-edge at the end of the CF7+ cable that has the IDE connector.

...lee

That cable has 36-pin connectors for the cartridge port. What you need is a similar cable with 44-pin connectors for the side I/O port.

...lee

My CF7+ on TI side has 44 pin connector. But first two and last two pins are not connected to IDE cable. Same is on CF7+ side. Also I saw pictures where people have connected nano PEB on IDE cable.

Lee do you know how to use longer IDE cable? My is short but I don't know is there any way to use longer one. If I put longer my CF7 stop to work correctly.

Edited by Manic1975

I'm also looking for a cable, but it's not easy to find. Just finding a 44 pin card edge connector is difficult. Perhaps that's why the connector on my nanoPEB looks like it was cut from a larger connector and then the cut edge was melted? Perhaps you need to make your own adapters for a standard ATA/IDE cable?

... Lee do you know how to use longer IDE cable?

I do not.

My is short but I don't know is there any way to use longer one. If I put longer my CF7 stop to work correctly.

My guess is that there's too much signal loss with longer cables, but I must defer to others here who are better versed in hardware matters.

...lee

Note that you may want to ask them for a short one (say, 6-12 inches) when you order. That should deal with signal propagation issues if the 18-inch cable is too long. They will do custom builds, as their cables are generally fabricated on an as-needed basis.

I'm also looking for a cable, but it's not easy to find. Just finding a 44 pin card edge connector is difficult. Perhaps that's why the connector on my nanoPEB looks like it was cut from a larger connector and then the cut edge was melted? Perhaps you need to make your own adapters for a standard ATA/IDE cable?

You are correct. Cable-mount card-edge (0.1" on center, I believe) connectors with more than 44 contacts are, indeed, easier to find.

...lee