IGNORED

How to post pictures?

JadeETC

It can get kind of annoying.. if you upload your images to Photobucket (like I do) I copy the text from the IMG option. I paste it simply in the Reply dialogue area and erase the text up to where it says [/img] (or something similar). If you have an extra "img" together (like (img), for example) then erase one of them. So like:

http/ref/randomgobbledygook/uploadedimage.jpeg(img)blahblah

Erase the text so there's only one img-bracketed bit of text surrounding the picture info.

uploadedimage.jpeg

Using the image tab doesn't always work well for uploaded image, just copied URLs from a picture selected through your browser.

Edited by retrorussell

It can get kind of annoying.. if you upload your images to Photobucket (like I do) I copy the text from the IMG option. I paste it simply in the Reply dialogue area and erase the text up to where it says [/img] (or something similar). If you have an extra "img" together (like (img), for example) then erase one of them. So like:

http/ref/randomgobbledygook/uploadedimage.jpeg(img)blahblah

Erase the text so there's only one img-bracketed bit of text surrounding the picture info.

uploadedimage.jpeg

Using the image tab doesn't always work well for uploaded image, just copied URLs from a picture selected through your browser.

Gee russ, you're reply is a bit overwhelming. :woozy:

• 2 weeks later...

• Look below the box where you type your text. You should see the word Attachments and a Browse button below that. (When replying to a thread, you'll need to click on the More Reply Options button first.)
    _
  • Click the Browse button, find your image file and select it.
    _
  • After the file has been selected, click on the Attach This File button and wait for the file to be attached.
    _
  • When the image file has been attached, it should be listed above the Browse button. If you leave things as they are, the image will be attached at the end of your post whenever you finish and click the Add Reply button.
    _
  • Instead of attaching an image to the end of your post, you also have the ability to place images anywhere in your post (with text above it and below it). Look to the right of the file name of your attached image file and you'll see Add to Post | Delete. Just place your cursor in the text box where you want the file to go (make space for it if needed), then click on Add to Post. You should see something that looks kind of like this:

[
attachment=12212012
:naked_atari_2600.jpg]

Never try to upload .bmp files. It's not an Internet-friendly format. If the image is large and it doesn't need to be, please resize the image before attaching it. Nobody wants to clog up their computer with a two megabyte image that would take a wall full of monitors to display. If you don't have a program that can resize an image, try IrfanView. It's freeware. And remember that you can attach more than one image file to a post, you just have to add them one at a time.

• Like 1