IGNORED

Melody Blaster Intellivision Package & Gameplay

i still think corrosion is a probability of your key problem. isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush would probably fix it. a key that does multiple key hits would probably be caused by that. a bad chip, maybe but with a keyboard where liquid could easily get in seems more likely. have you ever tried the keyboard on another ecs to verify if it is ecs or the keyboard isthe problem?

i still think corrosion is a probability of your key problem. isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush would probably fix it. a key that does multiple key hits would probably be caused by that. a bad chip, maybe but with a keyboard where liquid could easily get in seems more likely. have you ever tried the keyboard on another ecs to verify if it is ecs or the keyboard isthe problem?

Nope have not. Maybe one day when i'm feeling more daring i'll attempt to take it apart. lol

@ MikeI tested it myself and it works with my ECS. Its unplayable, because the keys are completely upside down, but all keys are available. Melody Blaster uses 34 keys, the keyboard has 49 keys, but 15 are unused. I figured out the 39 games which you need for playing Melody Blaster, but it also recognized that there are 15 keys left over and every key makes a different sound. So every single key from the Piano-Controller is availabe on the typewriter keypad (both systems have 49 keys)So the ECS is a full working keyboard-controller, its just very very hard to play with it. I am going to make a nice graphic which key on the ECS keypad plays which tonal, I'll post it probably tomorrow.

Edit: I attached my sketch. Its hard to read, but if you are good in reading ugly handwritings you may understand it. I will make a better readable version. And now enjoy Melody Blaster with ECS only :P (by the way: Leertaste is the space key in Germany)

post-35236-0-37507700-1371659697_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignorama

@ MikeI tested it myself and it works with my ECS. Its unplayable, because the keys are completely upside down, but all keys are available. Melody Blaster uses 34 keys, the keyboard has 49 keys, but 15 are unused. I figured out the 39 games which you need for playing Melody Blaster, but it also recognized that there are 15 keys left over and every key makes a different sound. So every single key from the Piano-Controller is availabe on the typewriter keypad (both systems have 49 keys)So the ECS is a full working keyboard-controller, its just very very hard to play with it. I am going to make a nice graphic which key on the ECS keypad plays which tonal, I'll post it probably tomorrow.Edit: I attached my sketch. Its hard to read, but if you are good in reading ugly handwritings you may understand it. I will make a better readably version. And now enjoy Melody Blaster with ECS only :P (by the way: Leertaste is the space key in Germany)

well if thats the case then intvdude you need to play the game with a keyboard instead of synthesizer and verify your ecs is ok

Thats the point I forgot to mention: Every single key from the keyboard belongs to one specific key from the Synthesizer, so this is the best way to check if the Keyboard is working or not.

i assume you could probably hook up 2 controllers as well and get the same effect

@ IntellivisionDude

So you can confirm that my graphic is correct? I made a little mistake while drawing it and so I had to fix that with Paint, but I wasnt sure if it was really a mistake or maybe the key-layout for Melody Blaster changes radomly on the ECS.

Edited by Ignorama

@ IntellivisionDude

So you can confirm that my graphic is correct? I made a little mistake while drawing it and so I had to fix that with Paint, but I wasnt sure if it was really a mistake or maybe the key-layout for Melody Blaster changes radomly on the ECS.

I already put the ECS away. Sorry

@Pimp, i took apart the synthesizer and took off a couple of the trouble keys but don't see any corrosion or anything.

I already put the ECS away. Sorry

@Pimp, i took apart the synthesizer and took off a couple of the trouble keys but don't see any corrosion or anything.

the corrosion would probably be by a chip or something. not neccessarily by the keys since the contacts are farther spread apart there.

• 2 months later...