IGNORED

heavy sixer problem

CThiesUGP

I recently "rescued" an ATARI "heavy sixer" from a local flea market .i took it home,took it apart, cleaned it ,put it back together.now testing the unit ,all the cartridges the i have worked great except my pole position cart .with pole position the picture jumps .it's an NTSC cartridge and the heavy sixer is an NTSC system .any ideas why the picture jumps on this cart when all my others work fine?

the most likely explanation is a dirty or bad game cart. You can look up or ask how to clean Atari carts but here's 2 tricks that usually work for me. First. I clean the exposed contacts with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip, rub pretty firmly. Wait about 20 minutes for it to dry and try it out. If it still has some problems, I use a rubber pencil eraser, the long pink kind that's usually a inch x half-inch size. I clean the both ends of contacts using the eraser, then shake off the excess and make sure everything is clean by doing the qtip trick over.

Works for me, over 200 carts and only 1 dead one I haven't been able to revive, Freeway, damm Activision :P

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem with an Activision Rampage cart (rolled on a heavy sixer only) I just tweaked my vertical hold on the back of the TV slightly, and that fixed it... didn't even have to readjust it for other games (so it's not a PAL cart... whew)