IGNORED

Dave Connery Files

airernie

Some of you may know or have met Dave Connery at one of the Chicago TI Faires. He passed away a few years ago and I assisted the estate with liquidating his TI/Geneve items.

Among his items were some SyQuest EZ135 cartridges. I transfered several of them to the PC using Michael's TI Image Tool. The files are in TIFILES format and can be viewed with Fred's Ti99Dir. Both TI Image Tool and Ti99Dir can be used to transfer the files to a disk or other image.

The files have been uploaded to my site. They are also available on the Chicago users group web page if for some reason my site isn't available.

There is a mix of TI/Geneve files and mulitiple duplicates. Some useful, some not.

url: ftp.pergrem.com

user: ti994a

password: DqN#B%03aSCp

Feel free to share these with other users.

Ernie

Hey Ernie,

Are you the same Ernie that I beleive was offering a free TI-99/4a in the Elgin, IL area?

I was going to email you about picking one up, but I backed out and bought one off Ebay... I didn't want to just be some stranger pounding on your door for free stuff.. :P~

Hey Ernie,

Are you the same Ernie that I beleive was offering a free TI-99/4a in the Elgin, IL area?

I was going to email you about picking one up, but I backed out and bought one off Ebay... I didn't want to just be some stranger pounding on your door for free stuff.. :P~

Yep. I still have one beige and one black & silver TI-99/4A. Also, an empty expansion system (pbox) with silent fan, some disks, cassettes, flex interface, etc. Not a lot, but still free if someone wants it. :)

Ernie

Want to do a collaboration? :) I'll give you a simple idea and you can make a game out of it... Fair collaboration? :)

Hi Owen,

As long as time isn't a major consideration.. I tend to be a bit of a butterfly when it comes to working on things these days. I think I have more than a touch of senior induced a.d.d. ;)

Ernie

No, although somewhat unintentionally I seem to have become one these past few years. :)

After helping with Dave's estate, I was contacted two other collectors to help them liquidate some of their items.

All of that is behind me now and I'm trying to clear out a few of my personal bits and pieces that I've been sitting on before all of that began. Hopefully, once that's done I can return to being just a user.

The only person I know in Elgin that would have came close to being a dealer was Dave Connery. He was a long-time Chicago TIUG member who actively bought and sold equipment. At one time he did the whole Faire circuit. The only other person, although from another suburb was Roy Hunter who ran a company called "Hunter Electronics" back in the late 80's and 90's. Of course there was also Elec-Tek that was a large TI dealer until they folded.

Ernie

• 2 weeks later...