IGNORED

My first ever 7800

Audia4con

After 10 years and thousands of hours of playing my 2600 myself and a friend stood in toys "r" us and debated the 7800 or the master system. The year would have been 89-90. I decided on the master system, then moved through all sega's machines, sony's and the xbox's, got married then kids. So the 7800 was missed from my youth and forgotten, until now. I just bought my very first 7800 the other day, the box, machine, controllers are all in prestine condition and I'm so excited about buying this. It only has 2600 games included but I'm buzzing about getting some 7800 games. It's great to feel so happy over an atari

I've been having a real love affair with this thing since I just got one recently myself. I really admire the design and backwards compatibility. Some of the updated ports are terrific, though I've been less impressed by some of the original titles.

If this sucker had launched in place of the 5200, I think Atari would have had a real winner.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your new baby! I'm on my second one now. I think my parents sold it after we moved from New York to Florida 23 years ago. They never admitted anything either way. So I'm glad to have my old friend back. My kids love the thing, too. A 6-year-old playing 2600 games in the 21st century. Who would believe it? :)

heh same here, I destroyed my parents 2600's pins by jamming the sticks in wrong, parents got a 7800 after best mistake I've made :)

LOL, Although I loved my 1987 christmas gift(7800) which Is what I wanted Santa to bring me, my friends kind of made fun of me because they had Nintendo and told me 7800 sucked.......I disagreed with them.......the only problem I ever had with the 7800 was that there wasn't many games available for it......if there was, it would of been better than the NES in my opinion.............but even though I was a loyal Atari kid first, I still went out the spring of 1987 and cut like every lawn in the neighborhood to buy a Nintendo that summer just to shut my ignorent friends mouths.......but undercover, I always liked my 7800 the best.........and here I am 26 years later, still loving the Atari 7800.........weird?......yup I know.