IGNORED

eBay seller cancels bid - FRUSTRATING (read more)

MegaManFan

If it was legitimate, he could have mailed me first - and the notice I got from eBay was "read the auction for an explanation" but I checked the bid history and there was NONE. I got the feeling he didn't like me not paying the BIN and taking the low bid (even though it was 9.99) so he just decided to YOINK it. Wouldn't be the first time, and it certainly won't be the last. It happens more and more often on eBay any more, and I don't like it one bit.

I will tell you what has been pissing me off lately. I have had several of my bids cancelled by sellers because someone has offerered them money and decided to sell the items on the side. This is complete BS. The one Intellivision buyer/seller is really bad. The eBay name is something like ladyofvines or something like that. That person offers money to sellers all of the time and I am getting tired of losing auctions because of this.

I will tell you what has been pissing me off lately.  I have had several of my bids cancelled by sellers because someone has offerered them money and decided to sell the items on the side.  This is complete BS.  The one Intellivision buyer/seller is really bad.  The eBay name is something like ladyofvines or something like that.  That person offers money to sellers all of the time and I am getting tired of losing auctions because of this.

Offer more.

CPUWIZ,

ladyofvines is making deals on the side. I had several of the auctions that ladyofvines win on my watch list and there have been some in the past where my bids were canceled. Now I don't know how many of you watch Intellivision auctions, but take a look at the link below. You will notice several auctions that ladyofvines has won where the seller has sold it at the current price. The current price is no where near fair market value. Some of the sellers even told me that the buyer offered them more money on the side and that they decided to sell it to ladyofvines. I also wanted a brand new Astrocade last month that I lost out on because a different buyer offered money to the seller on the side. I am tired of losing out on these items that I want.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...3&all=1&rows=25

CPUWIZ, I think the problem is alot of the time the seller doesn't go around and ask if any of the other bidder's would pay more, and just sells to the first person who asks them to end it. Mcgrail may not have even placed a bid yet, but was planing on sniping it, only to find it closed 3 days early to ladyofvines. The only way for mcgrail to offer more is to try and end the auction early himself. Not by bidding, and not by contacting the seller to offer more once the seller has agreed to sell to someone else. By then it's too late.

He has to stoop to her level. :twisted:

I sometimes try this, without much success. Mostly thou my offers are for games X & Y out of the lot, for a reduced price, so that they can resale the rest. Or the box & manual to game Y for X amount of money. I hate ending up with 15 doubles I have to get rid of all the time. :(

But them's the breaks...

You have to be happy with your purchase.If you give castle bad feedback HE will give YOU bad feedback as well. He doesn't take every person.Look at his feedback...there is XXX amount of positives and then a negative.See what I mean??

castlewolfenstein is NES4u

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...ck&userid=nes4u

His emails were far and in between too.

And another thing that pisses me off about this guy he is a liar!! :x

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...d=majestic-vibe

ON PAGE 1 OF HIS FEEDBACK!

majestic-vibe(36) Feb-12-03 06:31:11 PST 3004488484 S

Complaint : He's a Liar folks - Says he accepts Paypal then refuses payment - Dont buy from!

Response by castlewolfenstein - Auction states no paypal!

ON PAGE 2 OF HIS FEEDBACK!

brideoffrankenstein1984(106) Jan-28-03 19:11:21 PST 2301840764 B

Praise : Lightning fast payment via Paypal, Great Ebay customer, highly recommend A+

:x :x :x :x :x

culehmann(43) Feb-10-03 17:08:10 PST 1947322669 S

Complaint : Left Name off on parcel, terrible book keeping and worst: rude

Response by castlewolfenstein - no name included with payment!

saint-lucifer(2) Not a registered user Feb-13-03 13:48:41 PST 3006517632 S

Complaint : cancelled order after I made mistake but he was not willing to accept.

Response by castlewolfenstein - Says item will not work on his TV,rebids on the same item from another seller!

culehmann(43) Feb-10-03 17:08:10 PST 1947322669 S

Complaint : Left Name off on parcel, terrible book keeping and worst: rude

Response by castlewolfenstein - no name included with payment!

dejayel2002(43) Not a registered user Feb-09-03 22:45:10 PST 1940920634 S

Neutral : none

hegabm(8) Feb-08-03 14:32:11 PST 3002553221 S

Neutral : Slow Shippment. It took ten days to arrive

Response by castlewolfenstein - I shipped your item the day after payment was received!Thank the post office!

wutang9474(27) Feb-04-03 15:58:44 PST 3001435547 S

Neutral : Sold system did not work! Be weary of "as is" conditions.

bansheelaughing(-2) Feb-02-03 11:47:02 PST 3000861441 S

Complaint : He never accepted my paypal transaction nor returned my emails.

Response by castlewolfenstein - This person just signed up for eBay to leave bad feedback.

jgs142(46) Feb-01-03 10:41:13 PST 1950903880 S

Praise : $5 S/H a bit high for ~$1.50 postage and an envelope; otherwise good

Response by castlewolfenstein - $3.99 shipping and handling not $5.00

colector907(2) Jan-30-03 06:26:00 PST 1950737138 S

Neutral : neutraal

bwaaaa(156) Dec-29-02 20:13:39 PST 1395998770 S

Neutral : took long time to arive but was pleased with game thank you

Response by castlewolfenstein - Long time to arrive?Sent payment 1 month after auction ended!

purpleeskimo(3) Not a registered user Dec-28-02 05:51:48 PST 1946219099 S

Complaint : NO RESPONSE TO EMAILS, FOR ITEM WON

Response by castlewolfenstein - I sent this person all info,this person never emailed me back.

psychotiq2001(21) Dec-18-02 04:49:10 PST 801949029 S

Neutral : Recieved but weren't the ones in the pic - Not as tidy & has a crack on plastic.

Response by castlewolfenstein - Buyer got exactly what was pictured.

tekdisbabyout(12) Dec-13-02 18:33:51 PST 1940558144 S

Neutral : NES Zelda cartridge wouldnt save Understood to be fully functional and it wasn't

alibiwill(81) Dec-13-02 12:12:45 PST 1941948587 S

Complaint : DID NOT COME WITH THE DVD BOX ,BUT NOT A BIG DEAL

Response by castlewolfenstein - No case included as stated in the auction.Try reading item description!

straitctrydncr(12) Dec-09-02 10:34:37 PST 801612036 S

Neutral : Didn't put my name or co name on package and didn't have CD in a case.

Response by castlewolfenstein - Auction description stated no case included.Try reading it next time.

99badger(30) Dec-08-02 11:50:20 PST 1396397973 S

Neutral : It has been over 3 weeks and i am yet to receive, sent payment 3 weeks ago

Response by castlewolfenstein - item has been shipped

bml985(7) Nov-26-02 22:36:58 PST 1384536725 S

Complaint : actual product not as described

Response by castlewolfenstein - Product was as described.I don't know what this person is talking about?

I don't think that castlewolfenstein is NES4u...NES4u doesn't appear to be very big on packing items well (even many of the praise comments mention this, as well as factory liquidations being sold as "new"...those holes drilled in CD cases, for example).

yes it was he used to be nes4u then dropped that one and started his new one, he doesnt use nes4u anymore

You have to be happy with your purchase.If you give castle bad feedback HE will give YOU bad feedback as well. He doesn't take every person.Look at his feedback...there is XXX amount of positives and then a negative.See what I mean??

I'm not seeing what you mean, could you be more specific?

I see an ebay user with over 3500+ feedback, and very few negatives.

I don't see him "taking" anybody. In fact just reading some of the above posted replies just goes to show how retarded alot of ebayer's are. I've had my share of ebayer's who don't take the time to ever read the description or even examine the pictures AT ALL, only to email me after receiving their item upset. I usually just reply with a link to the auction at tell them to re-read a few times and let it sink in. :yawn:

Your first example, shows your typical ebayer who doesn't read the auction description, then gets an attitude and refuses to pay for his purchase. He deserves a negative! Did you read the auction? It does clearly states no paypal. The buyer should take the time to read, and if he doesn't, he is bound by the terms of the auction. He could have sent cash/money order, but instead refused to buy at all. He is retarded. End of discussion.

Some of those others are pretty typical of things I've experienced in the past myself. But they always start off with an idiot ebayer, who either can't read or doesn't follow the rules somewhere along the lines. But it's not always the seller's fault when negative feedback is left. Maybe you shouldn't be so critical of others...

He claims he cancelled it because YAHOO! doesn't allow such auctions. I'm serious. I know you say this guy is credible R, but I think he has a few screws loose. Why even list it to begin with if he's that paranoid? Here's his e-mail:

Look on the yahoo auctions.Ebay does not allow anyone to sell these on

there site.

Thanks,Ben

BTW Ben, that's "their" site, not "there" site. :roll:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...deo_game_addict

Great feedback. :D

I see you pride yourself for customer satisfaction unlike some people.

;)

jrockin23(12) Feb-21-03 09:50:20 PST 3001591302 S

Neutral : Fast Shipping, But game doesn't work, don't know why, nothing but a black screen

Had you been wolf,castle a negative would reside in his/her feedback account. :roll:

@MegaManFan, I think what Castlewolfenstein was trying to say was the ebay doesn't allow the item he was selling, but for you to check Yahoo instead. Maybe he received an email telling him it wasn't allowed. So he ended it. I had a similar experience with choice auctions. I'm not sure what this auction was for thou.

@Mr. Blank, is it all right to call you that?, What causes this Un-happiness? If the item was not as described, or arrived damaged due to mispacking, or something to the effect, then yes I believe Castlewolfenstien would be at fault. But immediately going and posting Negative or Neural feedback isn't going to remedy the situation. The bidder should try and contact the seller and at least to see what can be done. I think by looking at his feedback, he would be more than cooperative in helping the buyer out.

But... once the buyer has slapped a Neg on him, it's kind of pointless on wolfie's side now to help them. And he most likely will leave a Neg back at the buyer for jumping the gun. This is unfortunate to the ebayer, who did pay fast and completed their side of the transaction in a timely manner. But had they of tried to work out any problems before posting fb the problem might have been fixed.

Also you have to consider that some people are simply idiots. :ponder: It doesn't matter what the auction states, or shows, they will STILL not understand that no Paypal, means NO PAYPAL, and that a cracked jewel case means it's NOT MINT. You can not please everybody.

And when you do as much ebaying as he does, you're bound to meet a few crazies now and then. :D

:x Doesn't always mean a ripped off buyer, or junk. It sometimes just means a difference of opinion.

Oh yeah thanks for comments on my feedback! 8)

I do *try* to please everyone, but nobody's perfect. That's actually my first Neutral in a long time. It hurts but, there's nothing I could do. I haven't owned a 32x for over a year now, and I did play that game when I still owned it, but since it was untested recently I sold as/is, untested and stated so in my auction. The buyer never even contacted me, just posted a neutral. :( I'd be willing to bet that buyer doesn't have his 32x setup correctly, or something isn't making contact, like the cart/32x/Genesis needs cleaning, not that that cart is broke. But I'm not going to bother helping him out now. :twisted: