IGNORED

KO #2 - Round #11 - Tropical Trouble

Hello there... thanks for the update :)

Shall we safely assume that the same conditions of the other thread apply here?

That is: one should place emphasis on advancing in the game and avoid point harvesting.

Thanks again and good luck to all!

Edited by Oscar G.

Looks like we all died in roughly the same place. That second lava level before the fifth bridge is absolutely brutal. I've gotten past it a couple times only to get blasted immediately on the bridge. Fun game though. Never played it much before now, but beauty and the beast is one of my favorites. Don't know if you guys noticed, but the game over screenshot shows exactly where you died in addition to the hats. So maybe thats what we should use rather than score? I know that if I can ever get that fifth hat it will be a bigger accomplishment than improving my score. Just a thought. Im happy regardless.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Please check post #40 of the other Tropical Trouble HSC thread for a tentative update of the standings using the "advance the most, collect the least" criteria drawn in post #30 and #31 of that same thread.

Don't forget to post your scores in both threads! ;)

Cheers!

I dont understand the system. Why is that just stage 5.2? There are two beach levels, two jungle levels, two lava-levels, isnt the second beach level x.2?

This looks like the 2nd jungle level, so I would call it 5.4

Edited by Ignorama

I dont understand the system. Why is that just stage 5.2? There are two beach levels, two jungle levels, two lava-levels, isnt the second beach level x.2?

This looks like the 2nd jungle level, so I would call it 5.4

In understand what you mean: there are 7 levels in each Island so the counting technically should be from 5.1 (beach 1) to 5.7 (bridge).

However, I do not know if there is a way to distinguish the 7 levels in the picture/screen shot submitted for the competition.

That is why so far we are counting 5.1 for the beach, 5.2 for the jungle, 5.3 for the lava and 5.4 for the bridge.

It will be interesting if someone can investigate if the 7 levels are visible in the final game over screen. Any volunteers? ;)

Remember, we have to come up with a system that is easy to apply in the competition.

I hope this helps. Cheers and good luck!

Edited by Oscar G.

Hello guys,

This picture tries to summarise in 1 picture the research of Ignorama (see post #42 in the other TT HSC thread).

Try to use this visual guide to measure your advance in Tropical Trouble.

I hope this helps. Cheers to all!

post-34781-0-74365300-1373094307_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oscar G.
  • Like 1

Hello guys,

This is my latest score in Tropical Trouble. I managed to finish the game 7 times! (just count the boulders at the bottom of the screenshot ;)

The game gets really tough in the levels 7.x… If you have arrived to those tricky lava levels (like the infamous second lava level in the seventh island: 6.6) ) you will have an idea of how tough it can get… :-o

Every single level I faced in the eighth island (7.x) is tough as nails! I died in the jungle with the silly monkey breaking coconuts on my head.

BTW This is probably one of the first games ever with different types of deaths. :thumbsup:

Oscar G. - Level 7.4 - 5,700 points

post-34781-0-88164300-1373149710_thumb.jpg

Tropical Trouble - 5.6, 4450

post-35077-137312068604_thumb.jpg

Not a huge improvement over my last post, but I think it ties me with Wisp at the moment. :-)

Wow! Indeed, both of you are exactly at the same place with exactly the same score.

In other words, after applying two criteria to untie (advance and score) you are STILL TIED!...

This KO round is getting very interesting indeed :-o