IGNORED

Save Mary question...

tillenterprises

Does anybody know what you're supposed to do with the bonus items and numbers that appear periodically on the upper ledges? I usually just pick them up and drop them. Are you supposed to put them somewhere, or give them to Mary? By the way, this is such a great game- too bad it wasn't released as a standard Atari release. I know it was designed in the late 80's, just before the 2600's demise, but it is just another example of what the good ol' VCS could do with a little imagination. Imagine if this game would've been released in '82 or '83...

The following was gleaned and edited from earlier posts by LeGeek, The Night Phantom, mos6507, Tempest, ... Comments? Changes? Perhaps this could be posted in the game database? -Rob Mitchell.

Save Mary Power Up Bonus Items:

Grab the items and raise them and place on the top shelves of the canyon. You don't drop them on Mary. The powerups are key to playing the game effectively.

The “stopper” stops the water from rising. It looks like a red inverted triangle with a black ring on top.

The “stop sign” stops Mary from jumping around and pacing. It resembles a red square standing on one of its corners. Mary still climbs to higher ground if accessible.

The “oil can” makes the crane move fast. It is a white inverted triangle with a short black horizontal line on top.

The golden block allows the blocks to fall on top of Mary without squishing her . When this powerup is active, both the crane and the blocks not yet part of the pile are brown. Warning: blocks can turn back to the usual hazardous gray in mid-fall and then crush poor Mary!

The “1”, “2”, and “5” each earn the player 100 times their face value and increase the score.

In higher levels there is a plane that flies across the screen and causes you to drop your blocks if it touches them or the line holding them.

Someone should really make a full-out manual using this information.

let's go one step further and have AA make a cart too...

I'll second that. At 16K, however, it may be a bit more expensive to produce than some of the others.

Atari7800.com was claiming to have put this game onto a 7800 board but I don't know if they got around to actually selling any. They seem to have disappeared off the face of the planet recently.

It being 16K is not the problem, it's the SARA chip that is the problem.  :!:

Tell us some more about the SARA chip, if you would please.

The SARA chip is also called Super Chip, I believe and it's nothing more than a 128byte RAM chip that maps itself in the first 256 bytes of cart memory ($1000-$10FF). The first 128 bytes is the write port, while the second 128 bytes is the read port.

Correct me if I'm wrong someone. :)