IGNORED

I have awakened...

OLD CS1

Anyone miss me? Too bad, I'm back! I had to kind-of drop off the Earth for a couple few semesters as I've been having a really difficult time since last year: lost a pet, lost an uncle, lost my house, lost another uncle, and managed to get caught up with my classes with good grades. But I'm back on the horse (and I have a LOT of threads to catch up on, and probably some really good developments I've missed.)

What have I done TI? Well, not a damned thing EXCEPT I have secured a license from Texas Instruments to produce certain 99/4A-based apparel. Hang on for news on that as I work to get design approvals and distribution. Part of my plan is to visit the Faire this year and have some articles for sale at the time. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Was any permission needed/requested for the TI bitmap font? I assume some of your product ideas will use it.

Just interested in the process of getting permission for such a thing. Been trying to ask nicely for the Aquarius font for some time. Figure someone with experience getting permission would have some advice.

Anyone miss me? Too bad, I'm back! I had to kind-of drop off the Earth for a couple few semesters as I've been having a really difficult time since last year: lost a pet, lost an uncle, lost my house, lost another uncle, and managed to get caught up with my classes with good grades. But I'm back on the horse (and I have a LOT of threads to catch up on, and probably some really good developments I've missed.)

What have I done TI? Well, not a damned thing EXCEPT I have secured a license from Texas Instruments to produce certain 99/4A-based apparel. Hang on for news on that as I work to get design approvals and distribution. Part of my plan is to visit the Faire this year and have some articles for sale at the time. Stay tuned.

Very cool. I'm always down for a new geek t-shirt or two.

Hi welcome back! Looking forward seeing what you come up with! :-)

Was any permission needed/requested for the TI bitmap font? I assume some of your product ideas will use it.

Just interested in the process of getting permission for such a thing. Been trying to ask nicely for the Aquarius font for some time. Figure someone with experience getting permission would have some advice.

The license I obtained is for apparel items related to the TI-99/4 and 4A systems, and my original design presentations included the original system fonts. The process for me at this point is the submit a design and unless legal has any objections I pretty much just run with what I send in (so I assume even the special game fonts should pass muster.) From what I understand, they really just want my submission for legal record keeping. At this point I'm working on store-front and distribution options, as well as some designs. I'm not ready to get more in-depth right now, other than to say that I am absolutely interested in talking with people about publishing apparel designs under my license. I'm expecting to be fully rolling by the end of August.

• Like 1