IGNORED

Gram Kracker Broken

Astharot

Hello everyone, a friend give me his gram Kracker for a check because no work.. after many control i discovered that eprom with program no work well and battery is dead.. there is a gentelman that have the program in bin format of eprom .. ? I hope that change eprom the GK return at work again,, The eprom had write on GK01 v1.0

Thank for all help that give me.

Hermann

Not an expert on Gram Krackers but don't eproms only have a guaranteed life of about 15 years so would say that definitely needs a re-burn and the battery life will probably be far less so yes renew that also, old hardware like this will always needs reinvigorating as time takes it's toll. Sounds like it's done very well to get this far.

Edited by OX.

Hello everyone, a friend give me his gram Kracker for a check because no work.. after many control i discovered that eprom with program no work well and battery is dead.. there is a gentelman that have the program in bin format of eprom .. ? I hope that change eprom the GK return at work again,, The eprom had write on GK01 v1.0

Thank for all help that give me.

Hermann

You should probably dump the EPROM and compare it to the binary first to make sure your not chasing a dead end. If it is the EPROM then that is easy enough itself.

As I am sure you have seen the GK is actually two boards (at least the one I had for a bit) mounted together with snap header pins and sockets. very easy to bend or break a pin when assembling or dissembling. Pretty much the same as a blown trace at that point.

Good luck and keep posting your progress.

Edited by marc.hull