IGNORED

How to move my collection

DZ-Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Alright! Taking the suggestions from everybody in here, I came up with what I think is an appropriate way to pack and move my collection.

As I mentioned before, each 5"x7"x9" box contains only four game boxes: three sturdy at the bottom, and the flimsy or damaged ones are spread around all boxes by including only a single one on top. Then 12 of these parcels are packed on large plastic bins, stacked two boxes high, with plenty of luxurious space, and surrounded with packing peanuts to diminish shifting.

I think we're going to be OK. :)

Below are some pixies for your enjoyment and review.

post-27318-0-55850400-1375700377_thumb.jpg

post-27318-0-78792100-1375700390_thumb.jpg

post-27318-0-57157000-1375700415_thumb.jpg

Now the problem I have is that there's going to be three of those, plus the consoles--and I don't think I can fit them in my trunk! I'm dreading having to give them to the movers... :(

-dZ.

I still think those are vulnerable. I'd pack each plastic tub into a wooden shipping crate and fill the empty space with Atari 2600 Combat and ET cartridges ;-)

Great idea! And for extra padding, Coleco DK and Mattel LV Poker shells. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

So, here's an update on my moving collection.

I took a gamble and let the movers take my stuff with them. I was fairly confident that I packed them well.

The movers delivered my things on Monday, and the results are in...

MY COLLECTION SURVIVED, UNSCATHED!

Not only that, but amidst all the dented and half-opened boxes that got delivered, it seems that the ones I packed were the least mangled--dare I even say, even mint!

There was one rather minuscule "casualty": one of the plastic bins arrived with a large crack (those bastards!). However, I have confirmed that the well-padded contents remained in perfect condition, and untouched by grubby, sweaty, mover-dude hands.

So, YAY! :)

It was a rather expensive process to pack it all, in time and money, but it was certainly worth it.

Now, if only I could say the same for most of my "regular" stuff and furniture that was packed and handled by the mover-dudes... :

dZ.

• Like 1

Cmart, have you started packing? Cause methinks it will take you at least 6wks just to pack it all up ;-)

A bunch of it was moved to my parents' place a couple months ago while we were showing our home as apparently you guys are the only ones for whom seeing a couple thousand 30 year old video games would be a selling point as a home buyer. :)

There's still a lot to pack up and I don't have any plans to let the movers anywhere near any of it. Thankfully it's a local move.

The part I'm dreading the most is how the hell do I move 60-70 CIB Intellivision systems??? I'd really like to sell some before that but I'm so swamped with work lately and other real life stuff that it's tough for me to get stuff cleaned, tested and sent out as a number of you well know. :) I'd love to shed a bunch of extra stuff before early October so feel free to make me generous cash offers so that I might be motivated to completely forego sleep in order to sell stuff. I'd love to make trades but obviously it's really hard for me to find a trading partner with something I need/want. :)

A bunch of it was moved to my parents' place a couple months ago while we were showing our home as apparently you guys are the only ones for whom seeing a couple thousand 30 year old video games would be a selling point as a home buyer. :)

There's still a lot to pack up and I don't have any plans to let the movers anywhere near any of it. Thankfully it's a local move.

The part I'm dreading the most is how the hell do I move 60-70 CIB Intellivision systems??? I'd really like to sell some before that but I'm so swamped with work lately and other real life stuff that it's tough for me to get stuff cleaned, tested and sent out as a number of you well know. :) I'd love to shed a bunch of extra stuff before early October so feel free to make me generous cash offers so that I might be motivated to completely forego sleep in order to sell stuff. I'd love to make trades but obviously it's really hard for me to find a trading partner with something I need/want. :)

Send me a PM with what you are offloading... I may be in the market for a CIB system in good condition. :)

You need to put together a list of things that you are looking for! We all may have something that you need or want that we don't know about ...

Although, I'm not sure that you have anything worth trading for :ponder:.

I don't know about that. When my wife and I were looking at homes in the spring (before we bought one), one of the houses we looked at had a working Track & Field arcade game in the basement. I was ready to say yes if the game was included in the price of the house. :)

I don't know about that. When my wife and I were looking at homes in the spring (before we bought one), one of the houses we looked at had a working Track & Field arcade game in the basement. I was ready to say yes if the game was included in the price of the house. :)

Yah it was funny how much of the feedback included "the husband loved the basement!"

You need to put together a list of things that you are looking for! We all may have something that you need or want that we don't know about ...

Although, I'm not sure that you have anything worth trading for :ponder:.

Yah if only I could come up with extras of things people might want. :)

Yah if only I could come up with extras of things people might want. :)

I'm updating my wishlist for you :-D I'll be sending it to you soon. Not sure if it will make your life easier or more difficult. If the latter, I'm in no hurry to pick most of them up, so we could wait until after you are settled in.

I'm updating my wishlist for you :-D I'll be sending it to you soon. Not sure if it will make your life easier or more difficult. If the latter, I'm in no hurry to pick most of them up, so we could wait until after you are settled in.

I still have those 6 or 7 games set aside for you in a box.