IGNORED

The Bob DeCrescenzo Collection?

Madaracs

Get there early if you plan on riding the Antarctica ride. 2 1/2 hour wait when I went there last month. Needless to say that I didn't ride it. I will be at Sea World for Summer nights tomorrow. I am going to try to make the game warp expo tomorrow before hand. I want to check the arcade out & try to turn my little one into a retro gamer like her dad. :grin:

Get there early if you plan on riding the Antarctica ride. 2 1/2 hour wait when I went there last month. Needless to say that I didn't ride it. I will be at Sea World for Summer nights tomorrow. I am going to try to make the game warp expo tomorrow before hand. I want to check the arcade out & try to turn my little one into a retro gamer like her dad. :grin:

Love that channel 3 avatar
  • Like 1

Thanks, I finally put a pic for my avatar. Seemed like a good fit for this forum. :)

I did channel 4 as well back in the day, now I use channel 3 if I'm playing on a system that has not been modded. So that leaves my 5200 on channel 3 as I just got my 7800 modded :D

Hmmm... maybe a 'three-pak' might not be too bad (like Atari used to do - the 'Action Pak' for example). Ha ha - we could have the 'Pac Pak': Pac-Man Collection, Super Pac-Man, and Jr. Pac-Man... The 'Tank Pak': FailSafe, Armor Attack II, RipOff... This is fun! :D

With such devoted fans you should go the extra-mile; add a fourth Pac-Man game and ask someone capable of PCB design to make the first quadruple (is that correct?) ender cartridge. :D

Hell, not being a tech guy and although it's completely pointless for such small games I'd suggest putting one shared ROM-chip with graphics elements all games use in the middle, and connected to that 4 individual chips with the unique data for each game. Absolutely useless, but damn fancy.

@ Trebor and shaky - thank you... she is resting now. Shaky - sorry I didn't get to meet you... Glad your daughter is enjoying herself! :)

@108 Stars - Yes, of course if this was being seriously considered I would add something special (like a 4th game) and figure out something cool to do... But I believe this was a 'what if' conversation. ;) Thanks!

Thanks guys, again :love:

Bob

Pac N Pal would be the most logical choice for the 'next' PacMan game, since it heavily uses Super PacMan's code already. PacMania would probably be the most recognizable one not done yet... Baby Pac would require a pinball-level code (which may be fun, and something I've looked at). PacLand would be a good candidate for an XM game.

Just saved my PMP collection.. water line leak in basement just above all my games somehow missed it by inches and right on top is my boulderdash box which also survived. It was just a drip but it was really a couple inches.. something told me to go work on the basement.. lucky it was a weekend as if happened on a monday woulda been screwed as dont have time or energy to work on stuff.. But when basement done can go back to playing Atari.. Maybe wii u x box 360 in basement and atari upstairs?? Only in a perfect world!!

Well, PMP hasn't, to my knowledge, done a scrolling isometric engine yet. That's a pretty big endeavor if the machine doesn't handle it natively. Personally, I would rather PMP does what he feels comfortable wrapping up first. :)

I understand, lol...Of course i know PMP is a busy man with an agenda already set up...Just my peddler mindset. :) Its my understanding that Pacman is PMP's favorite game of all time and hes done a marvelous job porting the pacman family games to the 7800, so im almost certain that PMP at least for a split second has thought about "PacMania".....im not a programmer or anything, but when i look at games like desert Falcon, it makes me believe Pacmania is possible on the 7800.But im sure your right, Pacmania would be a big challenge.It would probably require the XM or somthing.

Being a favorite game of all time does not necessarily mean the variants of the original are also a part of that favorites list. Being a non-programmer myself, I even thought about Pac-Mania along with many other 80's to early 90's game on the ProSystem, but it still doesn't lend wanting to, or make programming period any easier. However, I am sure many programmers and non-programmers alike have thought about 'X' game for a split second.

The enormous task, and what can seem to be near daunting feat of bringing even the simplest game to the system is a labor of love that is weeks, and months of actual programming. The level of generosity, sacrifice, and love poured into any developers release is quite amazing.

I don't look at Desert Falcon as being a stepping stone to a game like Pac-Mania. Pac-Mania has horizontal and vertical scrolling with horizontal scrolling looping around in a circle. That is unlike the scrolling in Desert Falcon. Desert Falcon makes a game like (Super) Zaxxon seem possible though.

The XM would make the music very arcade-like utilizing the Yamaha chip, but it is likely not necessary to handle the complex and difficult portion of graphics and animation. That piece is indeed a challenge for any programmer, but not so much for the hardware. I believe MARIA can handle it on her own.

If anything, considering the amount of "Pac" games Bob has already put out, I would not blame him for never wanting to port another "Pac" related game again.

I'm psyched for Frenzy/Berzerk, and looking forward to some Armor Attack and Bentley Bear on cart soon. Bob is the man!