IGNORED

"Cloak & Dagger" returns. IF you believe it...

LynxVGL

I like the way he says to feel free to compare it to the ones in the movie. Well, if you look at the HD screen grabs from this thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/200550-cloak-dagger/page__st__75 clearly his label is not the real thing! His labels are rounded and look like they were cut with scissors (like someone already stated) and his lettering doesn't have the blue outlines around the black Cloak & Dagger Lettering (like Master Phruby states in that thread). I'm going ask him a question about this discrepency and add the picture from the movie to it and see what he says. He will probably state that they made several and that his wasn't actually used on screen but was a back up. In that case you can't advertise it as a "hero" prop and ask $5,000 for it!!!

-Sal

It could be a prop from the movie. When people make movies they grab whatever is lying around, like their kid's 5200 cartridge, slap a sticker on it. Then after the shoot it gets lost, or returned to the original owner, or put in a warehouse somewhere. Too bad it isn't autographed or something.

And how would you prove it was a prop? You might be able to tell something from the sticker... There's tests to see how old it is I think.. and what it was printed on. Back then you couldn't print color stickers without some kind of professional equipment, soo...

I wonder how many of these movie props were made?

It could be a prop from the movie. When people make movies they grab whatever is lying around, like their kid's 5200 cartridge, slap a sticker on it. Then after the shoot it gets lost, or returned to the original owner, or put in a warehouse somewhere. Too bad it isn't autographed or something.

And how would you prove it was a prop? You might be able to tell something from the sticker... There's tests to see how old it is I think.. and what it was printed on. Back then you couldn't print color stickers without some kind of professional equipment, soo...

I wonder how many of these movie props were made?

In the Movie the corners on the label are pointed and sharp. This is rounded( somewhat, cut with scissors)

I also went online and found a post from the programmer who was working on the real Cloak and Dagger 5200 game. Apparently they put a sticker (stickers?) on Donkey Kong cartridges.

I would like to see that. Have a link? I don't know if he's remembering right though, because Donkey Kong wasn't released on the 5200.

I would like to see that. Have a link? I don't know if he's remembering right though, because Donkey Kong wasn't released on the 5200.

He's mixing up two different things.

1. They made the prop carts by putting stickers on common 5200 games (who knows which ones? Probably Super Breakout or something they had 5,000 of laying around).

2. The original idea for the movie was to hide the secret code in a Donkey Kong cart. This got changed to an original game later on when they either couldn't get the rights to DK or chose not to use it for some reason (I forget which it was).

Also, I don't think using the Atari 5200 had any significance other than it was the then current system Atari was trying to pimp. If they had stuck with DK that would have caused problems as they couldn't make DK for the 5200 due to licensing issues so they would have had to either change the game anyway or use the Atari 8-bit computer.

• Like 1

I have an authentic Agent X game (fully functional), signed by Dabney Coleman for the Atari 5200... It's an original movie prop that they WERE going to use until they decided to go with Cloak & Dagger instead. It's on ebay with a starting price of $5200 if anyone is interested.

... ... ... BWAAHHHHH!!! Just Kidding.

The seller has been on ebay for over 8 years with a perfect feedback score, so I wouldn't think he's out to hose people. But then I read his "side note on the last listing!" ROFL!!!!!

*Side note to all of you so called experts on this Atariage or whatever it's called. The few copies of Cloak & Dagger that do exist for Atari 5200 were used as movie props only. They grabbed regular 5200 games and slapped the Cloak & Dagger logo on them, therefore this item is untested as a game because it doesn't matter what game, if any would play, it would not be Cloak & Dagger. Cloak & Dagger only had a limited release on arcade consoles. And you people claim to know everything about C & D. The shots with Morris playing C & D on his Atari were actually from the arcade version, set up to a regular TV, to look like he was playing it on a Atari 5200. The actual Atari 5200 game was never released to the public. Please stop wasting my time and quit crying because you don't own a copy. Here is your chance to purchase one :)

Oh and I love this one, he was trying to sell a single Garbage Pale Kids card for $999, and refers to it as PSA 10 even though he didn't actually have it graded.

Hell, he could be using his wife's ebay account... or anyone's for that matter. This guy is clearly out to screw people over and make a quick buck. You can't go by feedback.

I've bought plenty of things from people with years on ebay and 100% feedback, and they still lack the ability to communicate, pack items, ship items, etc. The true test is asking a question via PM. If they respond quick with professionalism, then I get a better vibe to do business with them.