IGNORED

Explanation needed

RobertLM78

Greetings 99ers -

I found this disk in a zip on whtech (see ftp://ftp.whtech.com/emulators/)

Note the hex E5s throughout in the screen shot when I examined the files in TIImageTool:

e5rep.png

Are these files simply deteriorated, or is something else going on?

Additionally, does anyone know where I can find a good copy of this disk?

Thanks for reading! :)

Edited by RobertLM78

Hi Ernie,

not in this case. The image size is 92160, which indicates it is a sector dump. Also, TIImageTool would be able to open a track dump (aka PC99 format). The e5 are sector contents after initialisation, so I suspect there are really data misssing.

Thanks for the replies fellas :).

Michael - that the data must be corrupted is exactly what I was thinking - ImageTool opened the disk just fine, and was able to open the files immediately without hesitation. Some files on .dsk images I've found seem to not want to open at all, but that wasn't the case here, in fact there are a few XB programs on the .dsk that are just fine. I suspect that all the EA5 programs are corrupt though, since they all had E5s throughout.

Note too, that the contents of the disk do not work on the TI - unfortunately, I didn't try .dsk in MESS first, but testing it there gave the same results :(.

You might try that Altman Fairware list on ti99ers.org. Some of the disks in the Tigercub collection were also added to that collection.

Ernie

Thanks Ernie, I checked out the site briefly, but I didn't see where the disks might be - I also suspect I'll have to sign up for the website. I'll look more into it though, hopefully I can find it :).