IGNORED

Reproduction manuals?

Is there such a thing as reproduction manuals in the Intelliverse? I've bought the reproduction boxes, and overlays before. However, it doesn't seem that there's a source from which one can buy reproduction manuals to complete hard-to-find sets (i.e. Congo Bongo, Intv releases, etc.).

It would seem that there would be a demand for such a thing, especially for those with limited budgets and for those who can't afford to buy multiple iterations of a game just to get a single whole.

In my case, I would like to buy a manual, be it original or reproduction, just to complete items in my personal collection. I have no intent to completing something, calling it 'CIB' and then reselling it on eBay.

Don't know of any projects to do this, but I've been out of the loop for awhile. I expect that those who've worked on the repro boxes already have the skill set to get the graphics right.

In the past, I've offered to make poor-man's one-off repro manuals (IIRC Congo Bongo was one of them) simply using a scanner and an inkjet printer. Didn't look very nice, but was enough to read the instructions.

IIRC someone actually did scan manuals for text content only awhile back - could be that stuff was used in the Intellivision Lives products and / or CuttleCart 3?

Oh come one... Repro boxes, repro overlays and now repro manuals? Every other community would love to see a world without these repro-rubbish, just the Intellivision boys ware saying "yes, lets make it complicated to see whats original and whats a boogleg".

So for havens sake, stop to dig your own grave. Just take a look to Neo Geo or Super Nintendo collectors, they have BIG problems to collect their stuff because of repros. And also if I am telling the same thing every time, but its also my concern, because I want to avoid buying faked stuff and if some guys are making high quality boxes and manuals it becomes nearly impossible on Ebay to avoid them if the seller doesnt want me to know if its real or not.

I really like to be a part of the Intellivision universe, but the repro topic is a big mystery for me, I will never understand why you need repros instead of custom made stuff, which would also put the loose cart into a nice box without annoying the collectors of original games.

Congo Bongo might be a tough one being color and larger, but I'm sure it would be easy for someone with the right equipment, which is getting better and cheaper everyday. I've been meaning to talk to the printing department at my work just to see what's possible.

I haven't heard of anyone making official repro manuals, but I'm sure the pool is tainted with a few fakes. Especially Intellivision Inc manuals.....especially the smaller single folds (Commando, Dig Dug, Diner, Pac Man, etc). Just for experimentation purposes I made copies of one of those (Commando, IIRC), and can't really tell the difference. I'll upload a side by side pic later if I get time. Never pay a premium price for one of those black and white manuals. I'm sure I'm not the first to make a dead on copy. I have it segregated from the real ones, BTW.....unless I mixed them up while comparing.....uh oh ;-O

Edited by JasonlikesINTV